Sig Sauer Mosquito Ignition Problem
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig Sauer Mosquito Ignition Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sig Sauer Mosquito Ignition Problem

I've been seeing a lot of issues regarding a weak firing pin strike on the Sig Sauer Mosquito. I have a theory that the rebound seat on the hammer strut is too large or the actual hammer notch is too small, causing the hammer to encounter too much spring resistance too early in its travel, weakening the strike. Am I completely off-base? And/or has anyone had any real-world experience with fixing this problem? Image attached for reference. Thanks in advance.

hammer-strut-detail-2.png  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Before you can blame the firearm for something...

...read my guide:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=957815

=8-)

Debating the result of a debate is in itself sedition...