Sig P938 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig P938

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

That's the Rosewood edition, right? I got the Nightmare but I'm thinking of changing the grips
GeneralPatton,

You are correct, the grips shown on mine are Rosewood. They are very comfortable and the checkering offers a very nice hold. Plus, I am a sucker for wood grips...call me old school I guess but for me there is just something that feels right about wood grips.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandinm380

How long do the night sights usually last before they die out?
Brandinm380,

I read somewhere the Trijicons will last about 10yrs. Can't recall where I read this though.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #43

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Default Self Defense Ammo for the 938

Just went to the range with my 938 and would like some self defense ammo recommendations.

I already had boxes of: Corbon Powrball, Double Tap 124, Federal HST, and Honady Critical Defense. All shoot fine through the XDSC and Kahr CW9. Wow was there a difference with the Sig. It choked completely on the Powrball and the Double Tap cycled fine but accuracy was marginal. The critical defense was okay. The Federal HST was fabulous - great groups and no problem cycling.

What have you found to be a great self defense round for this gun?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #44

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I use 124gr hydra shock. Haven't fully tested it yet but no cycling problems yet.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by engdude View Post
GeneralPatton,

You are correct, the grips shown on mine are Rosewood. They are very comfortable and the checkering offers a very nice hold. Plus, I am a sucker for wood grips...call me old school I guess but for me there is just something that feels right about wood grips.
Well if you're a sucker for wood, lemme show you a couple shot's I've been tinkering with.

I made these for a 1911 I had.

And this is my current project, for the 938. I've got quite a ways to go, but I love the grain that shows. It should really stand out with some oil applied.

@ Mick I use Speer Gold Dot 124grain +P defense ammo

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #46

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

yes, i heard initially the 938 had trouble with light loads (115 gr.) but did well with 124. i heard it's a bit picky with ammo.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

Well if you're a sucker for wood, lemme show you a couple shot's I've been tinkering with.

I made these for a 1911 I had.

And this is my current project, for the 938. I've got quite a ways to go, but I love the grain that shows. It should really stand out with some oil applied.

@ Mick I use Speer Gold Dot 124grain +P defense ammo
General Patton,

I admire your abilities. Those are some sweet grips you have made. Nice work!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411
Just went to the range with my 938 and would like some self defense ammo recommendations.

I already had boxes of: Corbon Powrball, Double Tap 124, Federal HST, and Honady Critical Defense. All shoot fine through the XDSC and Kahr CW9. Wow was there a difference with the Sig. It choked completely on the Powrball and the Double Tap cycled fine but accuracy was marginal. The critical defense was okay. The Federal HST was fabulous - great groups and no problem cycling.

What have you found to be a great self defense round for this gun?
Mick3411,

I've had a real tough time lately finding any kind of 9mm ammo, including self-D rounds. I have some Speer Gold Dot 124 gr coming from AmmoToGo. This is the same ammo they ran through my P938 when I sent it back for extraction issues. Sorry I can't be much more help on this yet.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateguy28
yes, i heard initially the 938 had trouble with light loads (115 gr.) but did well with 124. i heard it's a bit picky with ammo.
I had lots of FTEs with 115gr rounds before I sent my 938 back to Sig. Once it came back, I tried lots of different 115gr rounds and they did much better.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I use the Speer Gold Dot 124 as well. Cycles good for me.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr