Sig P938 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig P938

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313
I shot my brand new 938 yesterday. 150 rounds of 3 different makes, and only had one failure to load. It was early on in the session, and after that, not another problem.
Truevil1313, I'm glad yours worked out of the box better than mine. It is a sweet little 9mm and I can't wait to get mine back from Sig to see if it works. Just curious, what kind of ammo did you use?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #22

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

A Sig customer service rep recommended Speer Lawman 124 grn for break in, so I used one box of that. I then shot a box of Winchester white box, and then a box of junk Monarch steel case. I only had the one failure to load, and I am not 100% sure that I didn't hit the slide lock with my thumb. Anyway it ate all 150 rounds and ejected all casings.
I do not think this will be my EDC gun though. I was not very pleased with how I shot with it. I don't know why, but I was all over the target at 7 yards. Most of my shots were left of POA. I spent a lot of time focusing on form, making sure my grip was correct, stance was good, and sight alignment was on. At 5 yards it was no problem to hit the X ring, but at 7 yards I hardly came close.
With my P290, I removed the X ring at 7 yards the weekend prior, so that is now my EDC gun.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #23

Likes Given: 2

my 938 replaced a Kimber Solo, ( just would not go bang , every time... )

really like the 938 , already have a 238 which is just a shade smaller , lighter and way less energy.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #24

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

My wife took my 238, so I just had to go buy the 938, but for me the 290 just shoots better.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a Sig 938 which I use for concealed carry. I have put 300 rounds thru it with no problems. Very accurate.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATRIC View Post
my 938 replaced a Kimber Solo, ( just would not go bang , every time... )

really like the 938 , already have a 238 which is just a shade smaller , lighter and way less energy.
I sold my Kimber TLE/RL II 1911 to fund a 938 purchase, the Nightmare edition. I too experienced the issue with the Kimber just not wanting to fire consistently and thus, I had a lack of faith in it. I put 100 rounds through the 938 day 1. I had one FTE and i'm pretty sure I limp wristed that round. I did notice I tended to shoot inconsistently as well, an issue I don't have with my other handguns. (It could well just be it's so small and will require some more getting used to)

I think the thing I dislike about it though, is the 6 round mag is a bit difficult when you get to the 5th round to load. The 6th is a real PITA. I'm also a bit pissed about the 7 round mag being out of stock almost everywhere, and commanding over $70 on ebay, when available.

Otherwise, it's a great combination of size, caliber and concealability. It's my every day carry piece.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #27

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I sold my Kimber TLE/RL II 1911 to fund a 938 purchase, the Nightmare edition. I too experienced the issue with the Kimber just not wanting to fire consistently and thus, I had a lack of faith in it. I put 100 rounds through the 938 day 1. I had one FTE and i'm pretty sure I limp wristed that round. I did notice I tended to shoot inconsistently as well, an issue I don't have with my other handguns. (It could well just be it's so small and will require some more getting used to)

I think the thing I dislike about it though, is the 6 round mag is a bit difficult when you get to the 5th round to load. The 6th is a real PITA. I'm also a bit pissed about the 7 round mag being out of stock almost everywhere, and commanding over $70 on ebay, when available.

Otherwise, it's a great combination of size, caliber and concealability. It's my every day carry piece.
I got luckly at my LGS when I purchased my 938 , they had 2 of the 7 round extended mags, which I promptly scooped up , aprox. $ 49 .. I probably should have gotten an additional mag or two more..

Sig is not a cheap date ,,, but then , was not looking to scrimp on this..

Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATRIC View Post
I got luckly at my LGS when I purchased my 938 , they had 2 of the 7 round extended mags, which I promptly scooped up , aprox. $ 49 .. I probably should have gotten an additional mag or two more..

Sig is not a cheap date ,,, but then , was not looking to scrimp on this..
Don't get me wrong, I expect to get what I pay for like all things in life, and by no means would I skimp on something I may one day depend on for my life. But the absolute asininity of it can be seen here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181055539083?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1435.l2649

$97.50 for the 7 round mag. And they are out of stock everywhere.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #29

I picked up a 7 round clip for p938 through Osage County guns last week. I also noticed same issue with rounds being difficult to feed into the 6 round clip.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #30

Got my P938 back from Sig Sauer on Jan 15th. Gunsmith report says they replaced the extractor, magazine, and adjusted the front sight. Although not mentioned in the report, gun came back with a polished feed ramp.

Took it to the range today (Jan 24th) and shot the following rounds:
50 x Blazer Brass 124 gr FMJ
50 x Magtech 115 gr FMJ
21 x American Eagle 115 gr FMJ
12 x PPU 115 gr FMJ
13 x Herters Select 115 gr FMJ
13 x RWS 124 gr FMJ

Used the new six round factory mag provided by Sig and a seven round mag purchased after I got the gun. The springs in both mags were better and the mags did not chew up the brass like the original six round factory magazine.

Only had two failure to extracts so this is a much improved over before but still makes me nervous the gun will jam when I need it most.

New problem upon receiving the gun back - the front sight no longer glows in the dark. Good grief- I'll probable have to ship just the slide back to have them replace the front sight. Another week or two without the gun I suppose.