Sig P938 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum >

Sig P938

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts

I have gotten a few FTE issues with mine too. I'm still breaking it in. Going to try and get some federal and run it through and also some hornady hoping it will fix those issues.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #12

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 122

My girlfriend has one, and we both love it.
She was debating between the sig and a lc9, after pulling the trigger on each she choose the sig hands down.

To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian. --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #13

Likes Given: 5

Default Ambi safety

I would be more interested if it didnt have ambi safety

Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #14

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
I havnt got to shoot one but I have held one and it felt great. My sign on bonus at my new job may get spent on it to replace my ruger lc9.
Oh, Man!
Why replace the lc9? It's a great gun. Excellent size for concealed carry, thin, shoots well, low recoil, ...

Maybe send it my way.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #15

Liked 80 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 366

My wife uses the P238 for carry but would like to get the P938. I would like to get it for her if I could find a good price ...

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P238
CZ P01 SDP, CZ 75-PCR
Glock 19
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Walther PPS
Ruger SR556E
Springfield XDs 9MM/45 ACP
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 01-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #16

I purchased a P938 with black annodized stainless metal parts and rosewood grips (serial no. 52A031xxxx) on 30 Dec 2012 from Academy Sports and Outdoors. I've never owned a Sig Sauer before but I am a real fan of the 1911 platform and I was looking for a small carry pistol. When I found the P938 it felt right in my hand and was just an incredibly beautiful little gun. I do wish I would have done a little more research about the gun before I bought it. Upon getting it home, I disassembled the gun, cleaned it up and gave it a light lube and then took it out to test it. I was shocked and disappointed at the incredible number of failure to ejects I got with this gun. At least once every clip, it would not discharge the spent casing before trying to feed another. I didn't get any stove pipes - I knew to hold the gun tight since it was so small. I tried a variety of ammo including Winchester "white box" 115gr FMJ, UMC 115 gr FMJ, Federal 115gr, as well as several others. It also seemed to shoot hard to the left. I also noticed that the clip was extremely hard to insert the rounds into and seemed to really cut up the primer end of the brass - It looked like the round had been through a garbage disposal!

I took it home and cleaned everything up thinking, maybe Sigs have a different break-in period than some of the other guns I have owned. I left the rounds in the factory 6-round clip for a few days and worked the slide a few hundred times. I then took it to the range a few days later and had the same experiences. I even had a live round fail to fire and jam in the barrel. I have never had a brand new firearm do this before and I am very disappointed in the gun, especially given the cost. I can't believe a gun manufacturer would turn out a gun with such problems in the litigious society in which we live. I'm not the type to file frivilous lawsuits, I'm just sayin'.

I called up Sig Sauer and the customer service rep I spoke with was friendly (albeit overly rushed to deal with my call it seemed) and sent me by e-mail a pre-paid Fedex label to send the gun back for reworking. I think they must know the drill by now with the P938's.

I should get the gun back in about two weeks and I certainly hope what returns is a better firearm than what I sent back...we'll see.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3500 Times on 1931 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

With any mfg you will get a bad one. My P238 has not had a single malfunction so I am having a hard time deciding to trade it in on a P938. I guess I will just have to buy a 938 and keep them both.
Stillersfan Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #18

I'm hoping they do fix it. If I can get a properly functioning gun, it will be a keeper. Reading through the forums, it appears that Sig Sauer tries to make things right so that leaves me somewhat optimistic.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #19

Liked 1140 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I'd like to get a 938 at some point. At the moment i own two Sigs, a P238 & a P238HD. They are great shooters with zero problems. I also use the extended 7 round mags.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #20

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I shot my brand new 938 yesterday. 150 rounds of 3 different makes, and only had one failure to load. It was early on in the session, and after that, not another problem.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.