sig p250 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > sig p250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2756 Times on 1372 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66 View Post
Thank you for your OPINION. I really appreciate it. I tell ya. Some peoples kids! Ill check into the p2022. One of my buddies has one but says its too big for him to ccw. Do they make a compact p2022? Thank you for your input to my question.
It appears that Sig does not make a smaller version of the 2022.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 09-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

I have also been thinking about purchasing a P250 for a while. I had the chance to shoot one yesterday with a friend who owns one and also a p226. Loved them both but I was more debating P250 vs SR9c vs SD9VE for something in the "budget" 9mm. I put about a 50 Rds through it and loved it and the DAO trigger. Will be my next purchase mid October. I'll update with pics and more testing.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #23

Liked 77 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
What are your guys opinions of this gun? I've neen interested in it for awhile npw just trying to get some other opinions. Thanks
I own a sig p238 as it is my first gun i can say i truly love the gun. Ammo however is very hard to come by if you find it you stockpile and buy it up in bulk more expensive but atleast you have ammo. I have shot sevreal different guns but a 250 yet. I will say that the glock 19 i shot was an awsome gun i also shot a shield a couple days day in .40cal awsome handgun very accurate but it seemd to kick like a mule. If your looking for a new carry gun i would suggest a p238 or p938 from sig. Or a gen 4 or 3 glock 19 in 9mm.
  • Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence

Guns Owned

Para USA 1911 EXPERT .45ACP

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP

For reviews on various products check out my youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hellfire198362

CCW map

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Old 09-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I own the Sig P250C in 9mm. The trigger gets a lot of bad reviews, but I love it. It has very little take up and has a crisp reset. The ergonomics are better than any of my Glocks and it is very reliable. As noted, the DAO trigger pull is not for everyone, but for those who have a lot of experience with revolvers, it is worth looking into. I love mine and will never part with it.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Most excellent gun

I have the P250. It came with the 40SW and a 357Sig barrels. I shoot it almost exclusively with .40 on account of ammo price.

This is all subjective, but here are my thoughts:
It looks pretty, even without the benefit of wood grips.

My hands are average sized and it's one of the most comfortable grips of all my pistols. It's heavier than similar guns in that size/caliber which can be both positive and negative. I do not CC this pistol, but the weight doesn't preclude doing so if that's your intent. Again this is subjective, but I really like the trigger pull. About the only thing that's not perfect for me are the sights. My nick is based somewhat on reality as I do wear corrective lenses and it's not quite as easy for me to sight with the Sig as with the Glock sights.

Even in my hands, it can place holes on top of each other at 10 yards. No doubt in a decent shooter's hands it would be even better.

It does have a front rail so one could conceivably attach a 3D cell MagLight or a bipod.

Lots of pics online but let me know if you'd like to see something in particular.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

If Sig made the 250 in DA/SA and it had a workable hammer, I would by 2. I love the ergonomics and looks of the gun. I bought the long slide version in 9mm and even though it didn't feel as well made as other sigs, I still loved it. Then I shot it.......
The 250 has the longest trigger pull I have ever run into. It made me sad really. I loved the gun, but wound up with a toy. Sold it shortly after I bought it. I think it took longer to pull the trigger than it did to load the magazine. I really do with they would rethink that one though. It would be an awesome DA/SA

Old 10-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #27

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:

See that is interesting because I have gotten many bad reviews from guys in the general forum. Saying it was junk and the fire control group has reliability issues. But then I go surf the interweb and I see a lot of people love them and hate them. I'm not sure now...
I am honestly one that is not a fan. My brother has one in .40 and we both are not a fan of the trigger and the fact that the accuracy is still off. Sent it back to SIG once to have them fix a couple things on it and it still has issues. I love sigs and the customer service was great but I just don't think the p250 is one of their best products out there. Now granted some people have had a lot better success with theirs. My brother in law has one and he likes his but he's done some mods to it from what he has told me.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just ordered a N82 Tuckable holster for mine. I dry fire this pistol a ton. I've now seen it through the break in firing, a lot of excessive firing, and a few tiny frame mods. It has become my main carry in mild weather. IMO, there is nothing about this pistol that suggests that the trigger is a "toy" or that this piece is not dead nuts accurate and reliable... when it's in capable hands. I see nothing about the groups I shoot with this pistol at normal ranges that would indicate any problems whatsoever with consistency or accuracy, and this pistol also accepts replacement kits and any types of ammo you put through it easily and reliably. Again, the most prevalent complaint concerning trigger pull is absolutely subjective. This action is not for everyone. It must be practiced, rehearsed, and practiced again. There is no way to tell anyone they WILL like this gun, unless we know what types of action they prefer in this type of handgun. But, I can tell you that the P250 is a fine gun, reliable, accurate, and well made, and certainly worth a look and a range trip. The ergonomics on this pistol are easily the best of any gun in my safe, with the possible exception of my Colt Gold Cup.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a full size 9mm P250. Love it. Fits well in my hand, trigger pull is long but not an issue, just like anything you have to get comfortable with it.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #30

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

Wow. Great post. Considering you know nothing about my background, my age, or my experience you sure did do a good job of being insulting. With an attitude like that you'll go far around here.

So tell me, Zeke, what is my level of experience with revolvers? How new am I to shooting? Can you tell me what my real life experience is with firearms? Did I form my opinion from reading something on the internet or did I actually own a P250 at one time? Come on, Zeke. Inquiring minds want to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66

Wow... is this some kind of joke?
Thanks for saving me some typing lol