Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   sig p250 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/sig-p250-96673/)

jwalsh66 09-07-2013 02:33 AM

sig p250

What are your guys opinions of this gun? I've neen interested in it for awhile npw just trying to get some other opinions. Thanks

agrotom 09-09-2013 03:29 AM

I have owned a 250 C in 45 ACP for a little over a year and I love it. It is my primary carry gun, very safe, extremely accurate and fun to shoot. :)

JW357 09-09-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwalsh66
What are your guys opinions of this gun? I've neen interested in it for awhile npw just trying to get some other opinions. Thanks

bump for ya

jwalsh66 09-09-2013 10:25 AM

Thanks bud

jwalsh66 09-09-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agrotom (Post 1365475)
I have owned a 250 C in 45 ACP for a little over a year and I love it. It is my primary carry gun, very safe, extremely accurate and fun to shoot. :)

See that is interesting because I have gotten many bad reviews from guys in the general forum. Saying it was junk and the fire control group has reliability issues. But then I go surf the interweb and I see a lot of people love them and hate them. I'm not sure now...

otisthecat 09-09-2013 07:45 PM

I also has the compact .45 version. Never had any issues with it, but as I purchased more & more single action firearms, the trigger pull on the p250 seemed to get longer & longer. Great gun, I just couldn't shoot it well.

jwalsh66 09-10-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otisthecat (Post 1366283)
I also has the compact .45 version. Never had any issues with it, but as I purchased more & more single action firearms, the trigger pull on the p250 seemed to get longer & longer. Great gun, I just couldn't shoot it well.

That is the one thing I am worried about is that its got the DOA trigger. But most od the reviews I read said that it disnt stack and was smooth and even all the way through. Do you have any good suggestions for a solid single action carry in that price range?

otisthecat 09-10-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwalsh66 (Post 1366765)
That is the one thing I am worried about is that its got the DOA trigger. But most od the reviews I read said that it disnt stack and was smooth and even all the way through. Do you have any good suggestions for a solid single action carry in that price range?

The closest single action carry I have to that price range would be my P238. Still a bit more expensive, but since the P938 came out the P238 price has been going down. Love mine, easy to carry however I want and I enjoy shooting it. I have been carrying a poly striker fired gun recently, I'm better with them than the true DAO P250, and you'll find quite a few options for around the same price.

Keep in mind, purely my opinion and my inexperience with DA. If you can I would try and rent one, you may just find you love the trigger, as many people I know do. It's just not for me.

jwalsh66 09-10-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otisthecat (Post 1366971)
The closest single action carry I have to that price range would be my P238. Still a bit more expensive, but since the P938 came out the P238 price has been going down. Love mine, easy to carry however I want and I enjoy shooting it. I have been carrying a poly striker fired gun recently, I'm better with them than the true DAO P250, and you'll find quite a few options for around the same price.

Keep in mind, purely my opinion and my inexperience with DA. If you can I would try and rent one, you may just find you love the trigger, as many people I know do. It's just not for me.

I did go and rent one last night. The trigger seemed fine but then I shot an xdm and it was night and day. My buddy has one and is constantly raving about it. I was also more accurate with the xdm. I am used to 1911's so the xdm has the grip safety that felt natural to me. Ill take a look at the p238 but the xdm is looking sweet right now.

jwalsh66 09-10-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otisthecat (Post 1366971)

Is the p238 a sub compact?