Sig p250?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig p250?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Sig p250?

Does anyone own a p250?

I've been looking at them and thinking about buying one. Does anyone have any feedback?

How does it handle and shoot?

I have small hands and would use it for home defense and concealed carry, down the line, once I get my permit.

Any recommendations, positive or negative, would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Sorry, meant to include that I'm looking at the 9mm.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Nice gun. the 2SUM version is a nice option where you can get two sizes in the same caliber for just a little more $$ (subcompact for carry and full-size for home defense). Plus it's modular so you can buy a conversion kit if you want to go to another caliber. I don't care for DAO triggers and wasn't crazy about shooting it, but what I really need is more practice DAO. Many people love DAO.

Best thing to do is go to a range and rent a few different models and come back here with some things you like/dislike. Fit and feel in your hands is something no one can guide you on. If your range doesn't have one for rent, dry fire a display model for feel and trigger pull, and watch the sights. It is a good gun and gets good reviews, but there's lots of options for CC.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67
Nice gun. the 2SUM version is a nice option where you can get two sizes in the same caliber for just a little more $$ (subcompact for carry and full-size for home defense). Plus it's modular so you can buy a conversion kit if you want to go to another caliber. I don't care for DAO triggers and wasn't crazy about shooting it, but what I really need is more practice DAO. Many people love DAO.

Best thing to do is go to a range and rent a few different models and come back here with some things you like/dislike. Fit and feel in your hands is something no one can guide you on. If your range doesn't have one for rent, dry fire a display model for feel and trigger pull, and watch the sights. It is a good gun and gets good reviews, but there's lots of options for CC.
Thanks for the feedback, KJ.

I actually went to a local store yesterday and they did not have any p250's in stock.

They did have a p938 that fit well in my hands and I really liked the feel.

Just throws another wrinkle in my decision making process.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have the 250 2sum kit in 9mm. Have had it for a year now and am really enjoying it. Close to 4000 rounds through it (3000/1000 split between the frames) with no issues of any kind, with about a dozen different types of ammo, mostly 115g. A fair amount of hollow point personal defense ammo as well and +p too. I had a chance to shoot a friends compact version with the small grip frame before I chose to buy mine. His had close to 5000 rounds through it at the time. Trigger pull is long but smooth and works for me. I was surprised how close mine was in feel to his considering the difference in rounds when I bought mine new. Mine came with the full sized in the med grip frame and sub comp in small. Both fit well. Changing between the two frames is really slick and takes just a minute. Have changed it back and forth many times now, and it is a no brainier. Only pisser is I have two frames and barrels to clean when I get home from the range!! I am a lefty and finding holsters was kind of a pain but Concealment Solutions makes some kydex/leather holsters at decent prices that have worked well for me in both frame sizes. Magazines have been harder to find but are out there if keep an eye out.

I know a fair number of people poo poo the cheap Sig but I have to say that for the money it really is a good value. My suggestion is to get your hands on one and see if you are bothered by the long pull, even dry firing will give you some inclination. My two centavos on the DAO trigger is this. I figured if I can get good shooting the long pull than the transition to a DA/SA gun should be easier than the other way around making me a more well versed shooter in a sense. I haven't really put it to the test other than shooting my SAO Buckmark, which shoots well anyway. Good luck.

Ruger SR-22, Browning Buckmark Camper URX, Sig P250 2Sum 9mm, Beretta Nano, Winchester 101 Trap, CZ 512 Mossberg 500 Flex, Carbine MForgery, and soon a rifle length MForgery........and counting. Damn this is fun

Last edited by Shoots2little; 01-26-2013 at 02:22 PM.
yocum11 Likes This 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 153 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Had the .45 Compact, and it was great for what I paid for it. I didn't have a problem with the DAO at first, but as I started shooting more SA pistols I found the P250 joining me less and less at the range. Vicious circle, less range time = less practice = worse shooting = less fun = less range time = etc etc etc, and around and around we go.

The P250 is a grea gun, I've recommended it often and still would, but because I neglected the platform it wasn't for me anymore.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

They make a great firearm at a high price I have to imagine the lesser expensive models would be of similar quality, it is a SIG after all.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #8

Likes Given: 13

I have a p250C in .45ACP and its as good as it gets!! Good shooter but practice, practice, practice. Buy it you will like it!!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a P250 compact in 9mm with an SC exchange kit on the way. I love love love this gun. If you can get used to the DAO trigger this gun shoots like a dream. Long pull, but silky smooth. It is also flawlessly reliable and famously simple to take down and clean. If you are on a budget, enjoy modularity, or aren't attached to DA/SA then do yourself a favor and pick one of these up! If you don't like it the P250 community is always hungry for spare parts.

Last edited by gfroniewski; 02-08-2013 at 07:30 PM.
yocum11 Likes This 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #10

Likes Given: 2

Default Love mine

I own a Sig p250sc chambered in 357 sig. I love this gun. I learned on an LCP so the DOA is no problem for me. The only downside of mine is ammo is expensive and hard to find. I would highly recommend a p250, or any sig as my dad has a P229 that is amazing as well.