Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig P239 - Thoughts?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454
May I ask why the decision to go with a single stack? If I remember correctly in terms of width you may save only a 1/4inch in the difference between the p239 and virtually all other sigs(p226, p229, m11). Don't get me wrong my favorite model the p220 is a single but if your looking for a 9mm why in single stack?
My wife wants to carry in a flashbang holster. We figure overall length of the gun and width of the gun are two of the more important measurements, given that method of carry.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
I've carried a p239 edc in a Don Hume 715 IWB holster for 5 years now. I don't have any problem with the weight or bulk. I weigh in at 238lbs, so I'm a bit on the large size, though.
It's a great, reliable, and accurate gun. 8 + 1 capacity and a decocker. I love it and would be hard pressed to change over to a different edc.

BTW, I have about 11 or 12 pistols and revolvers (I guess I'm a hoarder) and the p239 remains my carry piece.
I'm right there with you...almost the same situation. For me, the P239 is the perfect CCW pistol. I have tried the mini-pistols; the Kahrs, the Shield, etc and find that the P239 is the right size for the job. I carry it in a Tueller Holsters IWB and it is comfortable and secure. I have a thread a few lines down about my EDC- my Sig P239, with some pics.
__________________

Last edited by druryj; 11-06-2013 at 08:49 PM.
druryj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
May I ask why the decision to go with a single stack? If I remember correctly in terms of width you may save only a 1/4inch in the difference between the p239 and virtually all other sigs(p226, p229, m11). Don't get me wrong my favorite model the p220 is a single but if your looking for a 9mm why in single stack?
That seemingly small 1/4" is awful big when worn IWB...
__________________
druryj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 74
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default

I have a P239 in .357 Sig and it is my favorite Sig. It just fits my hand and points great with Hogue rubber grips. The weight of the gun makes it great for shooting full power .357 Sig loads of 125 grains at 1475 fps. I also have a .40 S&W barrel for it. I would never buy one of these in 9mm because of the smaller slide the other barrels will not fit should you want to change calibers. There are better options for a 9mm like my P938 or my P229 SAS.

image-1030506835.jpg  
__________________
zeke4351 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke4351
I have a P239 in .357 Sig and it is my favorite Sig. It just fits my hand and points great with Hogue rubber grips. The weight of the gun makes it great for shooting full power .357 Sig loads of 125 grains at 1475 fps. I also have a .40 S&W barrel for it. I would never buy one of these in 9mm because of the smaller slide the other barrels will not fit should you want to change calibers. There are better options for a 9mm like my P938 or my P229 SAS.
Thanks for sharing. I agree about getting it in .357 Sig first, and a 9mm conversion later.

Incidentally, we saw one of these bad boys at a LGS a week or so ago, and it was priced at around $1200. Maybe $1300. Sticker shock, for sure.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,733
Liked 1433 Times on 998 Posts
Likes Given: 718

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I agree about getting it in .357 Sig first, and a 9mm conversion later.

Incidentally, we saw one of these bad boys at a LGS a week or so ago, and it was priced at around $1200. Maybe $1300. Sticker shock, for sure.
It is 1K or less around here. If you find a dealer willing to ship a new one to CA you could definitely save.
__________________
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 167
Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Bought mine a year ago nib with 3 magazines in 9mm. Great gun. Weight reduces the recoil. Fits well. In the IWB holsters. All edges are smoothed over and both de cocker and slide release are close to the frame to prevent snagging. Very, very accurate

__________________
4sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:47 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Likes Given: 10

Default

I have a p239 and love it. It was my first Sig, and I have since bought others. I see no problem with carrying the p239. Yes, you can buy smaller polymer guns that carry the same capacity, or similar ones that carry more capacity, but if you want the Sig I say get it.

I say if you like the way it feels in your hands compared to other brands and models then buy the Sig. If something else feels better in your hands or you like the features on another gun vs the Sig, then buy the other gun. For me when I buy guns it's all about how it feels in your hands.

__________________
OH_AKguy_937 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #19
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,009
Liked 2761 Times on 1899 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig
Bought mine a year ago nib with 3 magazines in 9mm. Great gun. Weight reduces the recoil. Fits well. In the IWB holsters. All edges are smoothed over and both de cocker and slide release are close to the frame to prevent snagging. Very, very accurate
It's one of 3 I'm considering......
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 167
Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
It's one of 3 I'm considering......
what are the other two?
__________________
4sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Sig P239 - My EDC druryj SIG Sauer Forum 13 01-04-2014 12:43 PM
p239 or p 224 camofreak117 SIG Sauer Forum 2 07-19-2013 02:45 PM
New Sig p239 survivalbyme SIG Sauer Forum 8 02-28-2013 03:56 AM
Sig p239? upssmann Semi-Auto Handguns 6 02-23-2012 03:19 AM
Sig P239 Belltactical Semi-Auto Handguns 1 01-19-2012 07:40 PM



Newest Threads