Sig P229 DAK?? Anyone have any experience with one?0
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig P229 DAK?? Anyone have any experience with one?0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sig P229 DAK?? Anyone have any experience with one?0

Im looking into buying a used p229 dak but unsure if ill like the d/a only. It would be mostly a range gun. Also curious if i should trade my baby desert eagle 9mm in for it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightShot View Post
Im looking into buying a used p229 dak but unsure if ill like the d/a only. It would be mostly a range gun. Also curious if i should trade my baby desert eagle 9mm in for it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I probably would not trade another gun for it but that's just me.After selling off two of my own the experience put me off to selling or trading.However if the price is right the P229 is a great pistol you can always change the trigger type later on down the road if that's what you want to do.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

The DAK is another animal apart from the breed. If you are an old revolver fanatic, and or carried a revolver for self defense, then you are familiar with the feel of the DAK trigger. It is a consistent pull trigger each and every time, and once you get used to it, and practice with it, the system is a good one. My only advice here is to try one out and get a feel for it first. If you like it then by all means, dive into it. On the other hand, if you prefer DA/SA systems, I would shy away from the DAK. As far as converting it, the parts cost money, and although the work can be done by you if you are so inclined, I would recommend a gunsmith do it or a Sig armorer. So in the long run, if not liked, it will cost you to keep it. Just my two cents, and with inflation, not worth the ink I used to type this

Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #4

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger View Post
The DAK is another animal apart from the breed. If you are an old revolver fanatic, and or carried a revolver for self defense, then you are familiar with the feel of the DAK trigger. It is a consistent pull trigger each and every time, and once you get used to it, and practice with it, the system is a good one. My only advice here is to try one out and get a feel for it first. If you like it then by all means, dive into it. On the other hand, if you prefer DA/SA systems, I would shy away from the DAK. As far as converting it, the parts cost money, and although the work can be done by you if you are so inclined, I would recommend a gunsmith do it or a Sig armorer. So in the long run, if not liked, it will cost you to keep it. Just my two cents, and with inflation, not worth the ink I used to type this
Great advise!

I carry a 226 DAK off duty as it replicates what I carry at work. I prefer my 1911 but switched to the DAK because it's like what I have to use at work. Other than that I would use my 1911 and be done with it.
I started on revolvers and still prefer them if given an option.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a P220 with a DAK trigger and love it. Smooth and consistent pull every time.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #6

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

When I got hired at my current department they gave me a choice between the .40 229 DA/SA or DAK. At my old department they issued Glocks, so I took the DAK thinking I'd like the trigger pull. I hated the DAK; the trigger pull was long and squishy and had a crappy reset. I gave it back to our armorer and had him convert it to the DA/SA and never looked back.

A few of our SWAT guys swear by the DAK and are highly experienced SWAT operators and combat veterans, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #7

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

I've carried a 226 DAK. for about 8 years now. I've found that I do really well with it on timed combat style courses where fast reactionary shots are used.

When I shoot a basic "bulls eye" type qualification course results aren't as good or at least I have be very careful because of the odd trigger pull or I will drop a shot now and then.

I guess since the main purpose of the weapon is a SD/combat situation it is well suited for it's intended use.