Sig P226 Grip Recommendations
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig P226 Grip Recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default Sig P226 Grip Recommendations

Hi guys. Just picked up a new Sig P226. I don't care for the plastic grips. My 229 has a different texture to the grip(less plastic feel, more rubbery?) Any thoughts? I'm not a huge hogue finger grip fan as I don't like how they look. Thanks

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Try the extreme G10 grips.I looked at alt of expensive wood grips and keep hearing from other guys that they are too slick.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky80 View Post
Hi guys. Just picked up a new Sig P226. I don't care for the plastic grips. My 229 has a different texture to the grip(less plastic feel, more rubbery?) Any thoughts? I'm not a huge hogue finger grip fan as I don't like how they look. Thanks
I'm tinkering around making a set for my P938 tonight as we speak. I have some from my 1911 before I sold it, but I kept the ones I made and gave the factory ones to the buyer. How's about yall givin me an opinion on these wood selections: The first on is the first set I ever did. Went and cut some cedar parts from some freshly fallen trees to make them. Let them cure for about 6 months then tried to work some magic. Was gonna use them as a demso/presentation type set. Here those are:

The second set is another 1911 I made, out of burl walnut. I decided to go with a flat finish on them instead of super glossy, though I can change the final finish at any time. These fit well and I found them to look quite nice. Now, as you seen them in that picture they look glossy. However when dry, that have a Matte flat clear finish, Really make the walnut pop.

Finally I started on the beginning of a set for the 938 this evening. I've only cut and begun work on one side. I haven't done any thing the likes of sanding, oiling, staining or finishing to this one, just got to the point where the form is correct and tomorrow I'm gonna get it cut down to proper size and put a finish on it. Just wanted to see what you guys think

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #4

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post

I'm tinkering around making a set for my P938 tonight as we speak. I have some from my 1911 before I sold it, but I kept the ones I made and gave the factory ones to the buyer. How's about yall givin me an opinion on these wood selections: The first on is the first set I ever did. Went and cut some cedar parts from some freshly fallen trees to make them. Let them cure for about 6 months then tried to work some magic. Was gonna use them as a demso/presentation type set. Here those are:

The second set is another 1911 I made, out of burl walnut. I decided to go with a flat finish on them instead of super glossy, though I can change the final finish at any time. These fit well and I found them to look quite nice. Now, as you seen them in that picture they look glossy. However when dry, that have a Matte flat clear finish, Really make the walnut pop.

Finally I started on the beginning of a set for the 938 this evening. I've only cut and begun work on one side. I haven't done any thing the likes of sanding, oiling, staining or finishing to this one, just got to the point where the form is correct and tomorrow I'm gonna get it cut down to proper size and put a finish on it. Just wanted to see what you guys think
You sure have a way with the wood man...

Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #5

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

GeneralPatton I gotta say thats severally great looking work.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I'm gonna see how much I can get done on the 938 today, but being Superbowl Sunday I've a feeling it won't be to much. I have time this week though

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr