Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   Sig mosquito (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/sig-mosquito-93856/)

WannaBeVagabomd 07-13-2013 05:56 PM

Sig mosquito

Went to the store and held a mosquito with a weighted barrel. $400 to take it out the door. Big problem is reliability. Any opinions?

SSGN_Doc 07-13-2013 06:57 PM

I've had two friends who have had sig Mosquito's. One had good luck with his, it feed just about anything, was reasonably accurate, and fun to shoot. The other friend had nothing but problems with his.

It's one of the few Sig products that I'm wary of.

Gizord1 07-13-2013 10:50 PM

I googled "worst gun ever", and I read a lot of forums that said Rohm RG10, Hi-Point, and Sig Mosquito.
So idk

MisterMcCool 07-13-2013 10:56 PM

Hi-Point's .45 JHP is a great weapon. :(

Judge 07-14-2013 12:43 AM

I am interested in what you think about the Sig...I want to get my son either a Walther P22 or Sig Mosquito for Christmas

Olympus 07-14-2013 01:27 PM

Father in law had a mosquito and it was a POS. There are also a lot of bad reviews on the P22 as well. You should really try to find a SR22. They are much better guns. If you have trouble finding one, let me know. I have a few left right now.

SB777 07-14-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus (Post 1303985)
Father in law had a mosquito and it was a POS. There are also a lot of bad reviews on the P22 as well. You should really try to find a SR22. They are much better guns. If you have trouble finding one, let me know. I have a few left right now.

I bought a P22 several years ago and had some problems with standard Federal LR ammo. The salesman at the GS told me to break it in with CCI Mini-Mags so I ran about 1,000 rounds through it back when you could find that ammo. After that, it worked fine on the regular Federal ammo. A friend of mine bought a Mosquito and had the same problems with standard ammo but it worked fine with the CCI Mini-Mags. I believe the standard 22 ammo is borderline on energy for actuating the slide mechanism on several different manufacturers 22's. The CCI's give a little more punch to make for clean recycling. Problem is, I've rarley seen the CCI's on the shelves over the past two years.

hiwall 07-14-2013 11:16 PM

My son has a mosquito that we have shot alot(thousands of rounds). It likes Remington ammo(most others jam). With that ammo it works perfect and is quite accurate. That said, if I was in the market for one, I would buy an SR22 Ruger.

WannaBeVagabomd 07-15-2013 04:00 AM

Call me old fashioned, but I read that the mosquito is polymer. Kind of a turn of, because while I'm not against owning one, I'd rather have something I use a lot be full metal. Any suggestions with that in mind? Considering the mosquito sounds like a train wreck.

JW357 07-15-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBeVagabomd
Call me old fashioned, but I read that the mosquito is polymer. Kind of a turn of, because while I'm not against owning one, I'd rather have something I use a lot be full metal. Any suggestions with that in mind? Considering the mosquito sounds like a train wreck.

Poly guns can be perfectly reliable. There have been plenty of torture tests consisting of 50,000+ rounds through Glocks and M&Ps, that I know of.

I'm not saying the Mosquito is any good, I just don't know the gun. I'm just saying don't discount plastic guns.