Sig lube

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig lube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 04:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Default Sig lube

What do you guys lube your sig with? I been using mobile 1 but now just started using white lithium grease on the rails because I just noticed some weird wear in the upper portion underside of the rails on the frame. Is that normal? And does anyone know of any better grease to use or should I just stick with oil and white lithium? Also could I use the same grease that is used for AR15 barrel nuts. Like aeroshell. I have a tub of it from autozone but im scared to use it on my sig. It might be so thick itll collect grime and make the wear marks worse.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Firearms Talk mobile app

spit hell fire

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I use the TW25 that Sig's comes with. Doesn't attract too much crud and lubes well. Also fairly inexpensive.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1955 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
What do you guys lube your sig with? I been using mobile 1 but now just started using white lithium grease on the rails because I just noticed some weird wear in the upper portion underside of the rails on the frame. Is that normal? And does anyone know of any better grease to use or should I just stick with oil and white lithium? Also could I use the same grease that is used for AR15 barrel nuts. Like aeroshell. I have a tub of it from autozone but im scared to use it on my sig. It might be so thick itll collect grime and make the wear marks worse.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Firearms Talk mobile app
Use very little grease on the rails, if your SIG is very tight. Otherwise, oil will do. Don't grease the internals! I use Tetra grease from a little can, so I can apply it wth my finger, instead of squeezing it out. I use MPro7 products, but frankly, on most gun oils, there is a difference without distinction.

Less is more!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #4

I would be concerned that grease on the slide could slow the action as well as attract grit which would also slow the action but add a sandpaper affect to wear things down faster.

I only use very small amount in drop of either Otis or a remington synthetic. One drop on each trigger spring. One drop on each slide rail and I watch the drop run from end to end. I add a few drops to barrel outside but wipe excess off after racking slide several times. I add 2 drops to recoil spring.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #5

Brian Enos' Slide Glide on the rails and TW25 on everything else. There is an excellent stickie on SigTalk on how and where to lube your Sig. Everything I read and been told is that a Sig likes to run wet. Based on my limited experience I would tend to agree.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 02-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Three parts Mobil#1 5-30 and one part ATF (for rust) as oil. Hi-temp universal joint grease for grease. If it rolls i oil it, if it slides i grease it

Old 02-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I use froglube the same stuff the police dept. uses on their Sigs.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.