Sig law enforcement pricing
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig law enforcement pricing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Sig law enforcement pricing

Any of you ever purchase a Sig using the law enforcement discount program? If yes, then was the process a procedural hurdle or was it fairly easy? Lastly, did you go thru an authorized Sig dealer/LGS, or did you buy directly from the Sig factory in Exeter?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #2

I personally have not but have a relative who has used the law enforcement discount through sig and ordered directly from the factory. He said its a fairly simple process, send them credentials that you're certified LEO and they keep it on file for future purchases. He's a cop here in NM, I have found better deals on my sig online from private sellers. But sig seems to be pretty backed up with orders and last I checked they said it would take 2-3 months even for law enforcement, (I was gonna use his LE discount)

Old 08-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Is your relative in the Clovis, NM area? That's where I live

Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalE3
I personally have not but have a relative who has used the law enforcement discount through sig and ordered directly from the factory. He said its a fairly simple process, send them credentials that you're certified LEO and they keep it on file for future purchases. He's a cop here in NM, I have found better deals on my sig online from private sellers. But sig seems to be pretty backed up with orders and last I checked they said it would take 2-3 months even for law enforcement, (I was gonna use his LE discount)
I think for the amount Sig takes off ($200ish), I can wait for a few months. Thanks for the reply. At least I know to look to the Sig facility in Exeter

Old 08-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #5

No we live in Alb. I would say look around online also. I got my 226 for 850.00 brand new E2 with short reset trigger, night sights, and 15 rd mags. It was a LE model for a department in Indiana. They ordered too many through a local dealer so he was selling the extra and I managed to get one. If I ordered that through sig it wouldn't have come with everything it did, I would have had to send it back in to them for it, plus it would have been a few hundred extra.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Just a note don't get caught reselling discounted guns the manufacturer will cut you off.
I've seen a few Leo's that were getting discounted s&w and reselling them get cut off. It did not go over well with their Co.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

You buy from the dealer directly. You will need to email or fax your credentials to them. www.topgunsupply.com is a certified Sig Sauer IOP dealer. Pretty easy really. I bought a Sig 556 SWAT Patrol from them last year and it was a piece of cake.

I'm a certified S&W LEO firearms dealer also.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Any of you ever purchase a Sig using the law enforcement discount program? If yes, then was the process a procedural hurdle or was it fairly easy? Lastly, did you go thru an authorized Sig dealer/LGS, or did you buy directly from the Sig factory in Exeter?
I have done both. If you go directly from Sig you have to get a letter head from your agency and there is minimum order requirement. For the most part it was fairly easy either way, but if you go direct from Sig you have to fill out the back ground check form because of the agency letter head.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Gt distributor out of Texas or Georgia are authorized LEO dealers, great prices.