Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   Sig factory mags made in Italy/Germany (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/sig-factory-mags-made-italy-germany-92847/)

HeatSpitta510 06-25-2013 01:50 AM

Sig factory mags made in Italy/Germany

I've been on the hunt for extra mags for my p229 and I prefer sig factory made mags .. Is there a difference between Italy and Germany made factory mags as far as quality ?

SigArmored 06-25-2013 02:08 PM

Sig doesn't often make their own mags but contracts that end out to companies like Mec-Gar.I'm gonna say that if you have some mags made in Italy they came from Mec-Gar.Italy is where Mec-Gar is based and they are general the main contractor that Sig employs to provide their mags.

Jagermeister 06-25-2013 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the mags that came with my German manufactured P226....
Lots of rounds and no problems....

HeatSpitta510 06-25-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigArmored
Sig doesn't often make their own mags but contracts that end out to companies like Mec-Gar.I'm gonna say that if you have some mags made in Italy they came from Mec-Gar.Italy is where Mec-Gar is based and they are general the main contractor that Sig employs to provide their mags.

Both mags that came with my Sig says..made in Italy and the ones for sale online that are listed as factory sig mags say made in Germany .. that's why I was asking but I guess they are both trusted and reliable

HeatSpitta510 06-25-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Here are the mags that came with my German manufactured P226....
Lots of rounds and no problems....

Yes these are the kind I've seen for sale online and the ones that came with my sig p229 say made in Italy ..thanks I will grab the German made mags if I can

JonM 06-25-2013 03:56 PM

mecgar is the gold standard of magazines.

they make mags for colt, ruger, berretta, S&W, and every other major manufacturer out there. odds are the german sig mags are made in italy shipped to germany assembled there and stamped made in germany...

if my pistol mags say "made in italy" i KNOW im not going to have mag issues.

HeatSpitta510 06-25-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
mecgar is the gold standard of magazines.

they make mags for colt, ruger, berretta, S&W, and every other major manufacturer out there. odds are the german sig mags are made in italy shipped to germany assembled there and stamped made in germany...

if my pistol mags say "made in italy" i KNOW im not going to have mag issues.

Oh okay ..see being new to the fire arm community I try and learn something new everyday .Appreciate the info!

Amsdorf 06-26-2013 08:07 PM

Do NOT buy any Checkmate mags. They are TOTAL crap.

Buy ONLY MecGars.

Jagermeister 06-26-2013 08:16 PM

My mags do not say "made in ...." at all. Do I have Macgar, or is Sig making mags now in Germany?

Amsdorf 06-26-2013 08:33 PM

If you have MecGars they will very clearly be stamped:

MecGar

and

Made in Italy

Checkmate is too ashamed to put their names on their pistol magazines.

:)