Sig 290
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig 290

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default Sig 290

I've been looking at the Sig 290rs,it looks like a very nice pocket 9 pistol.

Any one here with any experience with the sig 290?
If so I would like to hear your opinions and experience with the sig 290.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I love my 290rs! It is a little bulky for pocket carry but very possible. I have around 600 rounds through it without fail and it is very accurate. Some don't like the heavy trigger but I have found that with a little practice it is a very nice, smooth trigger. I am not a big fan of the included however the sights are great. I carry it in a desantis superfly and a sneaky Pete holster. Hope this helps

Old 09-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Edit:: that would be I am not a fan of the include laser..

Old 09-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #4

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

1911shooter,
Thanks for the Sig 290 input report,I've heard the triggers were a bit heavy. The Sig 290 looks like a great little ccw.

Thanks again

Old 01-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The P290rs is my first Sig. I use it as one of my CCWs. Initially it had a few Glitches, but now it cycles fine. I am not a fan of the laser either, although it works fine. I use the Sig holster that comes with the gun, but have had to wrap electrical tape on it in order to hold the pistol. As expected, the "plastic" wears and retention fails without the tape.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:28 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 331 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I just picked up a 290RS in trade. Has the night sights but no laser. The guy I traded with didn't have the original box but it came with an extra 8rd mag for a total of 3. The trigger seems long but way lighter and smoother than the Ruger LC9 I used to own. I'll try to get to the range with it this weekend.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #7

I really dislike my Ruger LCP. I decided on the original P290 and am thrilled I got this accurate easy to shoot mini-pistol. I can shoot a lot of rounds before hand fatigue sets in. With the Ruger a couple magazines and I was done.
The trigger is not bad. Smooth and fairly long but consistent.

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison, author of the Second Amendment
NRA: Certified; Home Firearm Safety, Certified; Pistol, Certified; Refuse To Be A victim, Range Safety Officer, Ohio CCW Instructor.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:24 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2038 Times on 1412 Posts
Likes Given: 1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I just picked up a 290RS in trade. Has the night sights but no laser. The guy I traded with didn't have the original box but it came with an extra 8rd mag for a total of 3. The trigger seems long but way lighter and smoother than the Ruger LC9 I used to own. I'll try to get to the range with it this weekend.
It is a better pistol, as the price would suggest. You missed nothing by not getting a laser. In a small defensive pistol it is useless or worse. It is not really a sight, or a substitute for real sights- it is a target designator. If you are not planning a forced entry to clear the building or arrest somebody, keep your personal weapon simple.