Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   Sig 226 with safety? SRT? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/sig-226-safety-srt-78879/)

TerminalE3 12-19-2012 03:49 PM

Sig 226 with safety? SRT?

Looking to order my first sig 226 in 9mm. I want Ine with a safety though. Do they even make those or can the custom shop do it? I also have been thinking about getting the Short reset trigger (SRT) on it. Is it really %60 shorter as they say and is it worth it?

drvsafe 12-19-2012 03:54 PM

the SRT is great, well worth it IMO. But don't expect to find a P226 with a safety, it is not configured as such. I don't think it's warranted on a P22X firearm. But if you want a SIG with a manual safety there are some models that have one, P238 and P938 and their 1911's have a manual safety.

TerminalE3 12-19-2012 04:00 PM

Ok then I'm for sure gonna get the SRT. I was looking around and saw some of their .226 competition models with safety's so that's why I was wondering if the custom shop could install one. Know anything about the beavertails on some of the models? I'm used to 1911's and think I would want a beavertail, does it make a difference on the .226?

drvsafe 12-19-2012 04:11 PM

My apologies, that P226X5 is the model you refer to. It's got the beavertail and the manual safety. but you better sit down it's about $1700

TerminalE3 12-19-2012 04:26 PM

Yea I saw the price, a lil high for sure! But was just wondering if anybody knew since they have the safety on that model if they can do it to any 226 model.

SSGN_Doc 12-19-2012 05:05 PM

Why the desire for a safety on a long double action first trigger pull? Just currious.

I understand some local competitions can require them. Competitors can like tehm for teh cocked and locked option to get only short trigger pulls on the range. But the idea of the long initial trigger pull is along the same principle as a double action revolver.

I guess if you were wanting a option for cocked and locked carry it could make sense.

Like I said, just curious what your reasoning is. I have a 220 with the standard decocker, and like it a lot for the simplicity of knowing all I have to do is draw aim and squeeze. The important part is decocking before holstering, but that is the same for a manual safety as well.

TerminalE3 12-19-2012 05:40 PM

I understand the long trigger pull and the de cocking feature. The safety is just something i always like on my weapons.

kodiak 12-19-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerminalE3
I understand the long trigger pull and the de cocking feature. The safety is just something i always like on my weapons.

Even revolvers? because a decocked Sig is the same thing.

SigArmored 12-20-2012 04:03 PM

The SRT is the way to go on the 226 it is truly a much shorter pull than in DA .Everyone likes to carry a little bit different you may have to Google search for a 226 with a manual safety to find one.The beaver tail is entirely an aesthetics thing.I thought about getting that option on mine and after doing a little research decided to do without it figuring that if the situation ever arose and I had to draw it may snag .The only thing you haven't asked and you might want to consider is caliber .If you buy a 40.S&W or 357.SIG you can buy conversion barrels in either 9mm 40S&W or 357.SIG for about $150 mabey a little less per barrel.If you buy in 9mm you have to buy a caliber Exchange kit for over 300,and I think that price is on the low side.

TerminalE3 12-20-2012 04:35 PM

Yea a beavertail is not a must for me. Just would prefer it, but am probably gonna go without. The SRT am going to get for sure. And I've looked into the conversion kits but am fine with just being 9mm. I am interested in a magwell for it and the 20rd mags they have though.