Sig 226 MK25 Cerakoted
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Sig 226 MK25 Cerakoted

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sig 226 MK25 Cerakoted

I just purchased a brand new Sig 226 MK25 that is cerakoted in the dark earth color. Took it to a nearby indoor firing range this weekend to shoot it for the first time. The pistol will NOT shoot in single action mode, only double action mode. So after every shot, I have to decock it, then fire it in double action mode. Repeat until magazine is empty. I know that Sig is highly reputable, and I have owned a different Sig 226 for years with no issues, so what could possibly be going on with this weapon? I know they dry fire them at the factory as part of their quality control, so how could this obvious issue have been overlooked? The only possible cause of this (assuming it was properly tested at the factory) could be the cerakote process after the manufacturer released it, also assuming this process wasn't done by the manufacturer. Somebody please help! Need your suggestions.........

__________________
Totallldigital is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

welcome to the forum! check in over in the Introductions Section and say hello, and we will give you a proper welcoming to FTF!

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,164
Liked 2210 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 1147

Default

If it was, as you said, factory new, SIG is responsible for whatever finish they applied. It is a straightforward warranty claim.

SIG would probably ask you what kind of ammo you were shooting. Rule out hand loads and imported mil surp.

__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
If it was, as you said, factory new, SIG is responsible for whatever finish they applied. It is a straightforward warranty claim.

SIG would probably ask you what kind of ammo you were shooting. Rule out hand loads and imported mil surp.
Agree Mercator, thank you, although I wonder why they'd be interested in the type of ammo I'm shooting if their trigger mechanism won't function correctly in the first place? Either way, I do plan on returning it for repair, and I don't expect any issues. I was just hoping to get a few ideas on what would cause this, or if anyone has experienced this in the past? The range master (where I test-fired my pistol) checked it for me and said he's never seen that type of malfunction before, so I knew I had something unique on my hands.
__________________
Totallldigital is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,164
Liked 2210 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 1147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totallldigital View Post
Agree Mercator, thank you, although I wonder why they'd be interested in the type of ammo I'm shooting if their trigger mechanism won't function correctly in the first place? Either way, I do plan on returning it for repair, and I don't expect any issues. I was just hoping to get a few ideas on what would cause this, or if anyone has experienced this in the past? The range master (where I test-fired my pistol) checked it for me and said he's never seen that type of malfunction before, so I knew I had something unique on my hands.
Me neither. Mentioned the ammo because they "might" question hard primers. Another thing to look at is whether the next round is fully seated in the chamber after the first cycle. (A possible magazine issue)
__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

With or without a magazine, loaded or not, the trigger won't drop the charged hammer. It will only charge and drop with a double action trigger pull. Craziest thing I've ever seen. So I don't know, beyond me. Will let a local gunsmith call Sig tomorrow and explain the problem. Without looking at the weapon, he thinks it's a weak or faulty trigger spring. I'll post the fix soon.

__________________
Totallldigital is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:52 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Update. Called Sig directly. They shipped me a prepaid priority overnight label by email. I shipped it, they received my pistol on Wednesday, fixed it, and shipped it back to me 2 days later. I doubt it could ever get faster than that! Really please. So on to the problem. They inspected the pistol and concluded it was a faulty safety lever. Swapped it out and works great. Just wanted to provide an update.

__________________
Totallldigital is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:18 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,164
Liked 2210 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 1147

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totallldigital View Post
Update. Called Sig directly. They shipped me a prepaid priority overnight label by email. I shipped it, they received my pistol on Wednesday, fixed it, and shipped it back to me 2 days later. I doubt it could ever get faster than that! Really please. So on to the problem. They inspected the pistol and concluded it was a faulty safety lever. Swapped it out and works great. Just wanted to provide an update.
A good happy ending. We needed a brain exercise too.
__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,750
Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default

Top notch customer service with Sig

__________________
Criminals Prefer Unarmerd Victims....


And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone cerakoted their firearms lately? hq357 Engraving & Refinishing 17 06-19-2014 01:33 PM
Mk25 barrel Rob76 SIG Sauer Forum 1 12-10-2013 09:35 AM
Sig MK25 Threetango SIG Sauer Forum 8 11-02-2012 12:24 AM
Sig P226 MK25 lyodbraun Semi-Auto Handguns 2 01-04-2012 05:34 PM