Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Question about pre-travel on the p-series pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Question about pre-travel on the p-series pistols

Hello all.. Wondering if anyone has had the pre-travel (take up) adjusted on their p-series pistols? Seems to have a considerable amount of take up when in single action mode. I'm still new to the Sig platform so I'm still adjusting. Any experience with this or opinions? Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel1911 View Post
Hello all.. Wondering if anyone has had the pre-travel (take up) adjusted on their p-series pistols? Seems to have a considerable amount of take up when in single action mode. I'm still new to the Sig platform so I'm still adjusting. Any experience with this or opinions? Thanks!
With the SRT in my 226 I don't feel I have to worry about that.My bf has not felt the need to do so with his but you're talking two entirely two different trigger systems each having their own perks.Some feel the need to readjust their grip when going from the long pull of the da to the short pull of the sa of the SRT.I have not needed to change my grip in the exchange but different strokes for different folks.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigArmored
With the SRT in my 226 I don't feel I have to worry about that.My bf has not felt the need to do so with his but you're talking two entirely two different trigger systems each having their own perks.Some feel the need to readjust their grip when going from the long pull of the da to the short pull of the sa of the SRT.I have not needed to change my grip in the exchange but different strokes for different folks.
I know with more time on the Sig trigger I'll get used to it. I'm experienced with the m&p platform with the apex trigger system. The 1911 platform. And glocks with the ghost 4.5 trigger. All have fairly crisp trigger systems with very little creep. The da/sa SRT system of the sigs are quite different but extremely smooth. I'm definitely a new fan of the Sig p-series pistols. Just wondering if they're as easy to tweak to fit the owner as the other platforms. Thanks again for your responses SigArmored!