p320 vs p226 vs p229
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum >

p320 vs p226 vs p229


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 301
Liked 166 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Default p320 vs p226 vs p229

Hello all again, I am here trying to get some info on all these guns, at some point (probably early spring next year) I want to add a sig sauer to my collection. While money isn't really an issue for some reason I have a hard time spending over $1k on a handgun (ar 15s and shotguns are fine). Anyone have any info on these 3 guns? I have seen the p320 for around 550.00 at local stores and the other two are over $1k. thanks in advance and it will most likely be a 9mm.
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Threetango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Carolina, a gun friendly state.
Posts: 3,662
Liked 6934 Times on 2463 Posts
Likes Given: 1924

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
Hello all again, I am here trying to get some info on all these guns, at some point (probably early spring next year) I want to add a sig sauer to my collection. While money isn't really an issue for some reason I have a hard time spending over $1k on a handgun (ar 15s and shotguns are fine). Anyone have any info on these 3 guns? I have seen the p320 for around 550.00 at local stores and the other two are over $1k. thanks in advance and it will most likely be a 9mm.
I own 2 of the 3. A P320 and a MK25 226.
What kind of information are you looking for.
Are you going for conceal carry ?
__________________
NSDQ
11B5PF7M Ret.
Threetango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 301
Liked 166 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Default

ultimately just for fun, I may consider for a carry as well. Is the p320 just as good as the $1k sig sauer handguns as well? considering it's roughly half the price of the p226 and p229
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:04 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Now residing in Lower Alabama
Posts: 469
Liked 225 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Default

I own a P226 Mk25 and a P320 as well and I think you'd like both...like you stated, the P320 is less expensive and is a striker gun with a pretty decent trigger. For shooting pleasure and consistancy, I like hammer guns in general as they have better triggers which is important to me. The only striker guns with "real good" triggers imho are the Walther PPQ and HK VP though the Sig is not far behind. In addition, the P226 is a pretty good sized gun which is not as concealable but has a longer sight picture and I shoot it a bit better...though I think the P320 does come with a 4" bbl...mine is the sub compact model. Other than that...go to the store, fondle both and you will find yourself thinking about one more than the other...that is your sub-conscious talking to you...listen and you will know which one will be the one... I'd bet you will wind up with both before too long!
__________________
Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
-Albert Einstein
Mouser is offline  
jeffm Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
ultimately just for fun, I may consider for a carry as well. Is the p320 just as good as the $1k sig sauer handguns as well? considering it's roughly half the price of the p226 and p229
I own both the 320 & 229 in 9mm & 357sig. The 226/229 are very different fro the 320. The 320 is the polymer/plastic striker fired and the 226/229 are heavier aluminum framed hammer fired da/sa. Da/sa is a different manual of arms and has a much heavier first pull in da and the subsequent sa pull are short and much lighter for quick follow up shots. Da/sa takes some time to learn and most shooter/instructors don't take the time to learn the nuances of these. I cc the 229 and you can cc the 226 but the for me is just a tad to big. Striker fired guns are the easier to learn, just pull the trigger, it is a consistent pull each time with a solid reset. The 320 one of the best striker fired triggers along with the PPQ & VP9. I own the PPQ as well and I actually prefer the 320 trigger. Outside of the legion series not sure where you see the 226/229 for $1000. You can pick those up in the 750-850 range. Are they with the extra $? In my opinion absolutely. They are fantastic firearms and are my favorite to shoot. What you'll quickly find with sigs is that you can't just have one. Sig makes some of the best da/sa firearms and now with the 320's they taken the striker fired market to a different level with their modularity of the 320. You'll love both as almost all sig owner do.
Draggun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Kennydale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 83
Liked 25 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

People love the Metal Sigs. Me i'll stick with my Tupperware guns. I like the P320 have test shot the Carry, the Compact and the Sub Compact. Didn't like the Sub Compact. But the other two where impressive.
Kennydale is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 301
Liked 166 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggun View Post
I own both the 320 & 229 in 9mm & 357sig. The 226/229 are very different fro the 320. The 320 is the polymer/plastic striker fired and the 226/229 are heavier aluminum framed hammer fired da/sa. Da/sa is a different manual of arms and has a much heavier first pull in da and the subsequent sa pull are short and much lighter for quick follow up shots. Da/sa takes some time to learn and most shooter/instructors don't take the time to learn the nuances of these. I cc the 229 and you can cc the 226 but the for me is just a tad to big. Striker fired guns are the easier to learn, just pull the trigger, it is a consistent pull each time with a solid reset. The 320 one of the best striker fired triggers along with the PPQ & VP9. I own the PPQ as well and I actually prefer the 320 trigger. Outside of the legion series not sure where you see the 226/229 for $1000. You can pick those up in the 750-850 range. Are they with the extra $? In my opinion absolutely. They are fantastic firearms and are my favorite to shoot. What you'll quickly find with sigs is that you can't just have one. Sig makes some of the best da/sa firearms and now with the 320's they taken the striker fired market to a different level with their modularity of the 320. You'll love both as almost all sig owner do.
on sig's website generally the guns are a lot more and on cabela's website. (I know cabaela's is usually $100.00-$200.00 more than gun stores). I would pay $750.00 for a p226 or p229
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
on sig's website generally the guns are a lot more and on cabela's website. (I know cabaela's is usually $100.00-$200.00 more than gun stores). I would pay $750.00 for a p226 or p229
sigs website is just msrp. I would not likely buy a gun a a big box like cabela's unless you find a good deal which is rare. Go to slickguns.com now you need to know which variant you want for the 226/229. If you purchase, I would highly recommend the srt (short reset trigger), not to be confused with short "reach" trigger) feature on which ever variant you get. You can probably find one without for under $700, you can buy the srt for about $50 to drop into if you need to. After your first shot in DA you go into SA mode and the srt eliminates any "takeup" or "creep" of the trigger. It's short and crisp and awesome. Take a look at this video that demonstrates the difference.

Draggun is offline  
jeffm Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 301
Liked 166 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 176

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggun View Post
sigs website is just msrp. I would not likely buy a gun a a big box like cabela's unless you find a good deal which is rare. Go to slickguns.com now you need to know which variant you want for the 226/229. If you purchase, I would highly recommend the srt (short reset trigger), not to be confused with short "reach" trigger) feature on which ever variant you get. You can probably find one without for under $700, you can buy the srt for about $50 to drop into if you need to. After your first shot in DA you go into SA mode and the srt eliminates any "takeup" or "creep" of the trigger. It's short and crisp and awesome. Take a look at this video that demonstrates the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKzZLjMHDs
thanks for the info, I only used cabela's as an example because local gun stores don't list their prices. Only box stores around here list prices. $700.00 or so is not out of the picture looks like I'll be going for a 226 or 229 now
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,054
Liked 98 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

If carry is a possibility I would go with the P229. Caliber is your choice.
sigman84 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
New Sig p320 Mick3411 SIG Sauer Forum 28 12-01-2015 06:24 PM
Wisconsin sig sauer p226 an p229 with night sights and 3 mags! MDS Firearms for Sale 3 12-29-2013 02:08 PM
p226 vs p229 (40 caliber) aikimo SIG Sauer Forum 8 07-28-2013 05:27 AM
Sig P226 grips on a P226 Classic kdog General Handgun Discussion 1 07-14-2010 06:41 PM



Newest Threads