Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > P229 Case Extraction Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default P229 Case Extraction Problem

I am having a problem with Armscor 124 grain ammunition in my P229. An empty case will intermittently not be extracted from the barrel.

I have tried Federal, Winchester, Herter's, PMC, Prvi Partizan, and Sellier & Bellot - all work fine. The ammunition has been in a variety of bullet weights: 115, 124, and 147 grain and the gun has no problem.

The Armscor ammunition will function fine in a Springfield XDm 5.25, but not in the SIG.

I have 8 magazines and the problem happens with all of the magazines so it cannot be a magazine feed problem.

The only thing I've been able to find by examining a case that has not been extracted, is the base of the case is 0.0015 inches larger diameter than cases from the other manufacturers.

Since the pistol works fine with every other manufacturer's products, I'm not sure whether I should contact SIG about this or just not shoot the Armscor ammunition.

Thoughts or comments?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5262 Times on 2743 Posts
Likes Given: 331

dont use that ammo in that gun....

you can contact sig talking is always free. they have decent cs, not steller but decent

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-11-2014, 03:11 AM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

I'm gonna go with don't use that ammo as well.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2640 Times on 1538 Posts
Likes Given: 1171

I agree that other ammo should be used.

Find what works best and stick with it.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)