Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   P226 model? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/p226-model-93029/)

01bullitt 06-27-2013 11:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Trying to decipher which model I have? Is it just considered a regular style with a threaded barrel? Here are a couple pics, thanks for the help!

SigArmored 06-28-2013 01:16 AM

Could be an Elite dark tb but can't really tell from the pic.The fact that you can buy and add barrels makes a for sure answer kind of tough.If you are the original owner who bought it nib would make it easier.You can look at the Sig website and see if what they have matches up to the specs on you're pistol.

01bullitt 06-28-2013 01:35 AM

7 Attachment(s)
I bought it new in box from the local gun store, and that's the thing - there isn't one that matches up. Either it has a rail, different hand-guard with screws, or the longer dovetail. Or it lacks the threaded barrel.

Came with badass sights too

And here's the elite with threaded barrel

sdiver35 06-28-2013 02:20 AM

No label on the box it came in?

niteglock 06-28-2013 02:36 AM

Is there an anchor stamped on the slide? If not, then I'm guessing is just a 226 with threaded barrel and E2 ergo grips. The dark elite has a different dovetail cut for sights and beaver tail.

niteglock 06-28-2013 02:40 AM

I had a dark elite model and hated the fact I couldn't use the regular night sights because it shot too low. The dark elite rear dovetail is only cut for the adjustable sights and no matter what sights you put on it it won't work right. I get rid of it for that reason. Now I have a remington 1911 enhanced and ran into the same problem. When I have the cash I'm going to have the slide milled for novak night sights.

SigArmored 06-28-2013 09:35 AM

Strange I love the night sights on my Sig they're dead nuts 25yrds all day long .Never have had a problem.Anyway you might want to try to contact Sig CS and ask them if they can help you determine the specific mod you have.Most manufacturers will be able to tell you anything you need to know about their product by the serial number.

GlockGal 06-28-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigArmored
Strange I love the night sights on my Sig they're dead nuts 25yrds all day long .Never have had a problem.Anyway you might want to try to contact Sig CS and ask them if they can help you determine the specific mod you have.Most manufacturers will be able to tell you anything you need to know about their product by the serial number.

Call Kyle McAuliffe at Sig CS.

He's my personal rep and he's great finding answers:

603-610-3846

Jagermeister 06-28-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockGal (Post 1289257)
Call Kyle McAuliffe at Sig CS.

He's my personal rep and he's great finding answers:

603-610-3846

do you have a business email? I also have a question. Thank you.

GlockGal 06-28-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister

do you have a business email? I also have a question. Thank you.

Yes:

Kyle.McAuliffe@sigsauer.com

He will respond rather quickly. Good guy, very customer oriented.