Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > New SIG P227

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 401 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default New SIG P227

Well, I was excited about the 227 but after finding out it is yet another 10 round .45 my enthusiasm has waned.

HK has pulled off a 12 round magazine, though the HK 45 dropped back to 10. Taurus has a 12 round .45 ACP. I was hoping SIG had finally made the pistol I wanted but I see no real advantage over my Baby Eagle which is just as good for half the cost.

I kind of wonder if they limited capacity to keep the grip closer to the P220 in size and so they could do a "compact" version while still sharing the same frame between the regular and carry models.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

check out the XDM. ive got two of em in 45 acp one is a compact the other full size. they both utilize 13 round mags the compact came with one 10 round magazine and a 13 rounder.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #3

Liked 401 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Forgot about the XD series and then there is the new FN pistols. Not to mention the Glock 21 that has been around forever.

I just love SIGs and if there was a distinct advantage over what I have I'd be happy to trade up.

I did take a HARD look at the XD's before I purchased my .45. See them at the range a lot. Not necessarily a sign of quality by itself, but it's interesting to see what guns are actually purchased by real non-Hollywood people.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP