New P 938 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > New P 938

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Iv put anouther 400 round through the gun since I started this thread. It stays on my hip now. I love the trigger. Loading the mags doesnt bother me at all but then again I do have mechanic hands. Now if only my holster would hurry up and break in and quit skweeking everything would be great.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #12

Liked 1133 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 740

Yeah, I have mechanic hands, too. (Sheetmetal) I'm just assuming that it will loosen up with use.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #13

I've put 800 rounds through both of our P938's now, and both weapons are performing flawlessly. Comfortable to wear IWB or in a pocket holster. Both Guns shoot and feed Hornady's Critical Duty Hollow Points which we have loaded and ready.

In my previous post about the trigger, I want to state I realize this weapon is a pocket gun and I won't get the trigger pull I have on my other weapons I shoot at the range. The trigger's on both guns have smoothed out and are much better now than they were when new.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year in 2013.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #14

Which versions of the 938 do you have? I got the Rosewood model. Very sharp-looking.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Which versions of the 938 do you have? I got the Rosewood model. Very sharp-looking.
We have the Nightmare & Elite models. We bought the Nightmare addition first and a couple of weeks later decided to purchase another one. She's been carrying a P232 .380 cal. The P232 is heavier and a little larger than the P938, + a larger caliber. made us decide to go ahead and get her one.

Now the real truth of the matter is I KNEW after she shot the 938 ... I could very well lose my 938...!

Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #16

Nice. Actually, I brought mine back the the gun shop this morning with a problem. When trying to unload the gun, round in chamber and mag full, the mag doesn't drop free. Instead, it comes out 1/4", and hangs up. When you puyll it out, something catches on the top round and yanks it out of the mag, so it tumbles out of the magwell after the mag. We think it's a bad mag. When the slide strips off the top round and chambers it, the next round down slides foreword, so if you eject the mag, it catches. If you fire the gun till empty, you do not notice the problem. For a CC gun, being able to cleanly unload it is important, I think.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks for the info.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #18

Sure. I am confident Sig will be able/willing to figure it out. HAS to be a mag problem. Surely they will take care of a fellow NHer-ite. If nothing else, they're less than an hour away, I could drive over there....

Also, don't let this deter you from buying one. Awesome gun, I love it! I will love it even more when it drops a full mag cleanly.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Nice. Actually, I brought mine back the the gun shop this morning with a problem. When trying to unload the gun, round in chamber and mag full, the mag doesn't drop free. Instead, it comes out 1/4", and hangs up. When you puyll it out, something catches on the top round and yanks it out of the mag, so it tumbles out of the magwell after the mag. We think it's a bad mag. When the slide strips off the top round and chambers it, the next round down slides foreword, so if you eject the mag, it catches. If you fire the gun till empty, you do not notice the problem. For a CC gun, being able to cleanly unload it is important, I think.
Mine does the same. It happens with both my magazines. It has not caused any FTF issues. And it only happens when a round is chamber of the magazine. After reloading the magazine and inserting, the top round stays seated. When loading full magazine plus one... I cycle the slide and eject the magazine. The magazine does not hang, but top round falls out with the magazine. I load two in the magazine, and all is well. I expected the cause was related to the very strong spring and tight magazine.

Let me know if this is a bigger issue.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #20

Liked 399 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Mine also drops a round out when i eject the mag. As stated above me, its probably just the super strong springs. I dont see it as a big issue.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man