Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   New carry weapon. Need help! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/new-carry-weapon-need-help-74024/)

broke-again124 10-09-2012 07:11 PM

New carry weapon. Need help!
 
So I'm between the p938, the p239(I like this one but am not sure), or the p220 compact. I am retiring my colt 1911 as its too big for me and because of that I don't carry as often as I should. Any thoughts or concerns? Do you guys think of the p239 as a solid platform??pp239as a

broke-again124 10-09-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124
So I'm between the p938, the p239(I like this one but am not sure), or the p220 compact. I am retiring my colt 1911 as its too big for me and because of that I don't carry as often as I should. Any thoughts or concerns? Do you guys think of the p239 as a solid platform??pp239as a

As in, is the p239 as well built as let's say a p220? Gun needs to be reliable and I guess I'm wary of any other than the 220 or 226 platforms as that's about all I've shot.

marc29th 10-09-2012 08:06 PM

Both the P239 and P938 are great guns, I've shot both and if you're used to a 1911 the P938 will probable be a good fit for you as long as you don"t mind your pinky finger hanging off.

CarmelPaneristi 10-09-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc29th
Both the P239 and P938 are great guns, I've shot both and if you're used to a 1911 the P938 will probable be a good fit for you as long as you don"t mind your pinky finger hanging off.

Agree, however my p938 extreme came with two mags, one of which was extended so my pinky doesn't hang off. Love the 1911 platform. One thing that the 938 allows you to do that you can't on a 1911 is to pull the slide back to empty the chamber WITH the safety engaged. Wish my 1911 could do that.

Threetango 10-09-2012 08:23 PM

Agree with the "no pinky hangoff":D unless you have unusually large hands.
I like my P938 and just bought a box of Speer Gold Dot GDHP 124 gr rds for it.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...e1/aduo2-1.jpg

Gonzilla 10-09-2012 08:48 PM

Didn't Sig come out w a new model - 224 ? First new all steel model. What size are you looking for ? I like the balance of a 229 - all steel heft, controllable, accurate, melded edges for carry comfort.

4sig 10-10-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124
So I'm between the p938, the p239(I like this one but am not sure), or the p220 compact. I am retiring my colt 1911 as its too big for me and because of that I don't carry as often as I should. Any thoughts or concerns? Do you guys think of the p239 as a solid platform??pp239as a

Just ordered a 239 CCP. Comes with nite sights, 3 mags, polymer holster and 2 mag carrier. It was a package they discontinued but sig agreed to make it up for me

Riverg420 10-13-2012 01:26 AM

I love my 239 its my primary carry gun .You wont go wrong with either one though.

Thebiker 10-14-2012 09:02 PM

Carried a P239 for several years. It was a easy carry and flawless. Still own it & if I want something more concealable than my P226 or my 1911, it goes out for the evening.

otisthecat 10-17-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzilla (Post 970452)
Didn't Sig come out w a new model - 224 ? First new all steel model.

It was supposed to be out a couple months back, but still hasn't hit the shelves. LGS said they're expecting the DAK version anytime now, but I'm guessing that was pure speculation.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.