My new sig
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum >

My new sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 03:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default My new sig

I was at the LGS today and they had just gotten their first P320 in stock. I have been reading about them for a while and once I held it, I was sold. I will be heading to the range tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes.

File Type: jpg 1403319872289.jpg (31.0 KB, 123 views)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2014, 03:08 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1677 Times on 1114 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Congrats on the addition

Old 06-21-2014, 05:08 AM   #3

Thanks! Does anyone have one? I would be interested to know your thoughts on accuracy, recoil, etc.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:35 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7224 Times on 3843 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Does it have that squishy dragging your finger through oatmeal feel that m&p and glocks have??

I would like to see how it stacks up to an xdm. Its got almost all the same features except for being single action and a grip safety(one of my favorite features)
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 06-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #5

The trigger actually feels pretty crisp. Granted, I have only been dry firing it, but it feels like a better break than glock or m&p imo. I will let you know after tomorrow's trip to the range how it feels with live ammunition.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:43 AM   #6

Liked 384 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Interesting. Don't know much about this gun...what caliber?

Looks like a big-boy sized P250. To this point I've been unimpressed with all P250 variants, but plenty of good shooters like them. They do seem to be reliable enough. But count me among those who generally defer to alloy when it comes to Sigs...and no, that's not to say I'm anti-tupperware. I just prefer what XDm, and even Glock, FN, and S&W have to offer. The P250's I've shot just don't fit me great. Really don't like the trigger.

But I do think the P250 design has tremendous potential. Maybe it'll be realized with the P320, or perhaps it'll require further development. Regardless, if it's 100% reliable and fits you right...then my take should be worth exactly what you're paying for it.

Looks good. Hope it performs like a champ for you!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:53 AM   #7

Liked 142 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Interesting. Don't know much about this gun...what caliber?

Looks like a big-boy sized P250. To this point I've been unimpressed with all P250 variants, but plenty of good shooters like them. They do seem to be reliable enough. But count me among those who generally defer to alloy when it comes to Sigs...and no, that's not to say I'm anti-tupperware. I just prefer what XDm, and even Glock, FN, and S&W have to offer. The P250's I've shot just don't fit me great. Really don't like the trigger.

But I do think the P250 design has tremendous potential. Maybe it'll be realized with the P320, or perhaps it'll require further development. Regardless, if it's 100% reliable and fits you right...then my take should be worth exactly what you're paying for it.

Looks good. Hope it performs like a champ for you!
I too have been unimpressed by the p250 but we shall see how well this model performs. The striker fire setup my work well if it has a decent reset.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:43 AM   #8

Liked 108 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatman6 View Post
I was at the LGS today and they had just gotten their first P320 in stock. I have been reading about them for a while and once I held it, I was sold. I will be heading to the range tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes.

Can't wait to hear about it. To date, I love anything Sig!! I've had, and have, at least 5 different models. Absolutely love every one!!

Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think the P320 has the best trigger of any poly/striker gun bar none. I have a friend who was in love with his new PPQ and when my P320 came in, he wanted to go to the range and compare them. After a couple of hours of shooting, my friend sold his PPQ and got a P320. I have had many glock and xd fans tell me that they will be ditching their guns for the P320 after they have shot mine. The trigger breaks so much cleaner than any other poly gun and the sights are much better than all the other guns too. The best part about the P320 is that it has the tack driving accuracy that Sig is known for.
SIG P320 FULL SIZE .45ACP

Old 07-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #10

Liked 142 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That's good? How well does it handle recoil n such compared to say the 250?