Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   SIG Sauer Forum (
-   -   Just had to send my P938 into Sig. (

Brue182 10-22-2012 11:33 PM

Just had to send my P938 into Sig.
Got a P938 a little while ago to replace my P290 as my pocket gun / summer carry piece. Took it to the range last week and tried to feed it some 115 wwbox with multiple fail to extract issues. Multiple times while firing the gun would not extract the spent round and try to feed the next round into the gun. The only remedy would be to drop the mag and rack the slide to remove the spent casing. After a few of these the slide stop would also stick half way out and would need to be pushed back into place. Called sig and they told me to get some 124 or 145 grain and it should fix it. Went and got some 147 grain hollow points and same issue. Long story short just home from FedEx hoping to get the gun backin 2 weeks.

Brue182 10-22-2012 11:33 PM

Oh anyone else having the same issues? Checked YouTube and found some videos with people having the same issues.

Kemosabe 10-23-2012 01:55 AM

Man, that really sucks. I was thinking about getting one for CCW. Maybe I need to do some reading before I definitely consider one. Please keep us informed on how your dealings with Sig will be, even after you get it back.

drvsafe 10-23-2012 02:23 PM

Brue, stupid question but did you completely strip, clean and oil the pistol prior to your 1st firing?

Brue182 10-23-2012 05:36 PM

Ya before first and then again before second firing with different ammo. I had problems with both wwbox 115 gr and federal 115 gr so I went and got wwbox 147 gr hollow points. Figured worse case it might be picky with ammo like the Kimber solo. Still no luck it should be in route today.

locutus 10-24-2012 04:56 AM

I had one. Multiple fail to feed problems, and the worst trigger I've ever had on a weapon.

Talked to SIG, and they told me the 9 lb trigger was intentional, and I would void the warranty ifI had iot adjusted in any way.

Only POS I've ever seen or heard of from SIG.

Sold it.

Thebiker 10-26-2012 02:28 AM

OK, my first question is was the Winchester White Box bought at Walmart?
I don't claim to be an expert, but I do work at a shooting range. The most failures we see come from Walmart purchased ammo. You got to remember that a vendor of that size goes to a manufacturer and says "we want product X at price point $Y.00". Since they buy by the train car load most companies will try to give them what they want.....this means they cut corners....maybe use fillers in with cheap, fast, dirty powder.
Now I know lots of folks swear by Win White box with no problems. I see more ammo in a week than most people will in a couple of years.

Over 70% of FTF's that we see are ammo related, usually bought at Walmart. I don't blame Walmart, I blame the manufacturer for cutting corners to that extent. Last week we had one shooter with 2 squibs in 15 minutes, both out of the same box of Federal ammo, bought at Walmart.

That old saw about "you get what you pay for" rears its ugly head again.

JMHO based on what I see. YMMV.

saejosh 10-27-2012 06:16 AM

White box ammo is filthy really I ran some tonight and had a very dirty weapon after

USEBOTHHANDS 10-27-2012 06:29 AM

can this be a cause of "limp-wristing?" idk

saejosh 10-27-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
can this be a cause of "limp-wristing?" idk

If the brass stove pipes yes it's quite possible