Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > italy or usa made sig magazines??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default italy or usa made sig magazines??

I recently purchased a magazine from midway usa for my sig p229 enhanced elite with the e2 grip.

the two magazines that came with my pistol clearly has a tiny "made in italy" stamping on it however this one magazine I purchased from midwayusa which is a sig sauer genuine part has no stamping anywhere on the magazine.

I looked everywhere and there is nothing. I called sigsauer and they said they don't know and can't tell unless they have the magazine in their hands to inspect, i called midwayusa and was told that in their systems it says the country of origin is "italy."

Is there any way of verifying what country it was made in without a stamping/marking on the magazine indicating it?

anyone familiar with this? thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2161 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Steve,

Mec Gar of Italy is under contract to produce some of Sigs magazines. I guess you would say they assist with production demands. They do not manufacture all of them they just pick up the slack reference demand! On the back of the Sig mags regarding the weld you will see what is called a zipper pattern or an dovetail. (looks like puzzle pieces put together. Some of the original older mags had the same with small round offset weld marks on them also. The new ones do not have the round weld marks.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 10-30-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

if it has a zipper back its a german made mag. inferior to the italian made mecgar.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Steve,

Mec Gar of Italy is under contract to produce some of Sigs magazines. I guess you would say they assist with production demands. They do not manufacture all of them they just pick up the slack reference demand! On the back of the Sig mags regarding the weld you will see what is called a zipper pattern or an dovetail. (looks like puzzle pieces put together. Some of the original older mags had the same with small round offset weld marks on them also. The new ones do not have the round weld marks.

no zipperback pattern. i am completely lost with what country this magazine migh tbe from. it's got the official sig p229-1 9mm markings but no made in markings anywhere

it will be a while before i could test it out too because of being so busy

Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1336 Times on 927 Posts
Likes Given: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
i am completely lost with what country this magazine migh tbe from. it's got the official sig p229-1 9mm markings but no made in markings anywhere
This is normal. I have the original SIG mags and one MecGar. The only difference is that the MecGar is blued and says Italy, the rest have a matte finish and no origin stamped. Don't sweat this stuff, they change it all the time without notice.