How many of you use Frog Lube on your P226?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > How many of you use Frog Lube on your P226?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default How many of you use Frog Lube on your P226?

I just bought a Sig P226 Tacops and was about to clean and Lube her up with the Frog ( as that's all I use on my Glocks and M&P's) I was wondering if Frog Lube is the right choice for this Pistol. I think it is amazing stuff, and has worked fantastic on my other pistols.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5114 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 1522

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamivice View Post
I just bought a Sig P226 Tacops and was about to clean and Lube her up with the Frog ( as that's all I use on my Glocks and M&P's) I was wondering if Frog Lube is the right choice for this Pistol. I think it is amazing stuff, and has worked fantastic on my other pistols.

Yes, I've been using the frog on my MK25 226 for a few months now and have been very satisfied.

I see where you say you use it on your other pistols so this is just a reminder.
Clean the weapon thoroughly and heat it with a hair dryer before applying the FL for the absolute best results. After that you shouldn't have to do anything for a good while.

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #3

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

I think it's a good idea for any pistol. Or rifle. I was told to treat twice initially. Anyone else hear this? I put it on my P226 Scorpion .

Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5114 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 1522

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing View Post
I think it's a good idea for any pistol. Or rifle. I was told to treat twice initially. Anyone else hear this? I put it on my P226 Scorpion .
I went by Froglube's instructions.
Here it is if you haven't seen it.
See CLP section.

http://www.froglube.com/Pressroom-FrogLube-Directions.htm

NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who don’t like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #5

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

Thanks Threetango. That's a sweet piece you got there.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I"m still a devotee of the Mil-Comm grease it ships with. I use it on all my guns now.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle
I"m still a devotee of the Mil-Comm grease it ships with. I use it on all my guns now.
Don't have access to it in Canada. But I've had great luck with the Frog on all my Pistols.