Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Hollow points in Sig RSC/C3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hollow points in Sig RCS/C3

Anyone with experience shooting hollow points in RCS or C3?

I reload. Have tried three hollow point bullets, loaded to various lengths from 1.15" to 1.25"; all jam in the throat of my RCS. Also tried two type of commercial ammo - same problem. Feeding from the magazine appears normal/correct, they simply jam in the throat. It shoots round nose jacketed balls without failure.

My other 1911s (one a Sig) feed nicely, although one required some experimentation to determine the COL it likes.

This is a common problem with 1911s in general, usually fixed by a smith working on the feed ramp and throat (which I would prefer to avoid, due to cost and non-availability of a good smith locally).

Comments / suggestions?

Last edited by Posit; 05-23-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 69

A good friend of mine has the same problem with his C3. He's hoping it'll get better with some rounds down range.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Old 05-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Are you using large cavity hollow points? Just curious. But it does sound like you have feed issues that needs addressing. Are you using the factory mags? Try Wilson or Chip McCormick mags. I have the C3 and the factory mags are crap, my opinion. Had a few feed issues using them and when I went to the Wilson mags, the feed issues went away. Worth a try before shipping off your gun, and you can always use more mags.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #4

McCormick mags. Tried both large and small cavity hollow points.

Just ordered 5% over mag springs; don't think that is the problem, but a cheap possible solution.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #5

In the case of Sigs 1911s its a steep angle feeding any round up the ramp and they say that u should stick to 230 grain FMJ for about 500 to 600 rounds to polish the hell out of the ramp .... It's just the only flaw and its not really a flaw just something that needs ironing out... Two things you can do to correct it... One is send to Sig or Sig armorer for a ramp job and have them polish the ramp, and two is to buy 500-600 rounds of 230 grain FMJ and have a great range day ! Hope that helps buddy... I've owned the Ultras , Ultra Carry , and full size stainless and 3/4 needed some heavy range time and when I called Sig to complain that's the advice I got. Hoped I saved u a phone call. Good shooting !