Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > help me out please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Hey sig guys. I'm looking to trade my springfield 1911 loaded for a sig p229 40s&w. Could you sig fans please point me in the right direction for a purchase or trade? I am almost set on a model E29-40-BSS-NR because I like the look of the "legacy slide" and hate the look of the long ejector. But I really want a rail on it for the extra weight in front. It's not that big of a deal though. I heard alot of bad rep about the newer US sigs and that is kind of scaring me away. Thats why I might choose the model I suggested above. Is there really issues with these newer sigs or what??? Which sigs slides are solid steel slides milled not stamped? I would really prefer a solid steel milled over folded steel. Is the above mentioned model solid steel or folded? Thanks guys.

spit hell fire

Last edited by niteglock; 12-09-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #2

I juzt dont want to trade a practically brand new 1911 that is super accurate and never failed so far, with great customer service and lifetime warranty for a pistol that I am going to have to send back to manufacturer for repair after I shoot it a bit. I havent tried finding anyone to trade with or sell it to yet thats why im asking you guys about this before I start to look for people to buy/trade.

spit hell fire

Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #3

Whats the pros and cons of that model also? Like mag interchangeability, ammo, ect. I would probably like to get a conversion to shoot 9mm and 357 out of the one I buy also. Could I do that with that one. And if not could u guys explain which ones I can and which mags work in which models. Thanks.

spit hell fire

Old 12-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #4

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
I juzt dont want to trade a practically brand new 1911 that is super accurate and never failed so far, with great customer service and lifetime warranty for a pistol that I am going to have to send back to manufacturer for repair after I shoot it a bit. I havent tried finding anyone to trade with or sell it to yet thats why im asking you guys about this before I start to look for people to buy/trade.
Then why are you trading that gun? Sounds like a keeper to me.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sigs are great. Keep the 1911.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #6

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

You might try posting your question over at sigtalk, they might have more insight into sig specifics. I think both would be great guns. The SA 1911 is a proven winner. The Sig has a great rep. Guess you just have to decide which platform you prefer.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #7

Liked 615 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 317

Seems like you've brought this up before? Anyway don't make too much of the Internet bum rap. There are no facts to support the "SIG decline" or that American made means worse. Buy a new SIg with the same confidence as any of its competition. I have owned several and examined many more. SIg keeps getting contracts here and around the world.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #8

Almost had a sig 229 "legacy slide" version. No rail. But the guy dont want to ship. Ive done it before and its easy. Damn. Im kinda pissed. I love the look of the ild school sig and thats what im stuck on. But honestly, slightly leary of the wear on it. Its been around long time. Over 1k rounds. But all he wanted was a g19. I jumped on it and when he found out I was out of state he backed out. Damn!

spit hell fire

Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #9

Liked 83 Times on 65 Posts

All the new Sig slides are milled out of stainless barstock only the oldest line was ever stamped and it didn't make it a bad pistol.I love my Sig 226 have two other conversion barrels you can do the same with the 229.However as for trading the 1911 I wouldn't do it I would find another way like the upcoming tax season to buy one.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #10

Liked 76 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Bud A sig is a sig. Now if the 1911 is as good as you say it is than keep it. Sig makes fine firearms and most of the problems i have heard of happen with any firearm you buy. You always have a chance of getting a lemon. I have a Sig P238 and i love my little .380. I know LEO's that are issued 226s and 229s and they also have no complaints with either. It boils down to what exactly you want. I mean yea parts are easy to come by for the 226 and 229 mags are easy and are moderatly priced not to mention if you have the railed version you can put a ton of accessories on it and the ability to get conversion kits for different calibers from 9mm, 40S&W, .357SIG. I mean come on. Im rambling sorry. The point is do what you feel is right but I wouldnt trade a 1911 for a 226/229. Just my honest opinion

• Courage
  • Loyalty
  • Rectitude
  • Benevolence

Guns Owned

Para USA 1911 EXPERT .45ACP

Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP

For reviews on various products check out my youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hellfire198362

CCW map

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php