Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   Great guns but i hate the triggers! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/great-guns-but-i-hate-triggers-76243/)

strix 11-12-2012 09:47 PM

Great guns but i hate the triggers!

This is why I picked the XDM

armoredmetal 11-13-2012 11:57 PM

Just curious, Could you be more specific about what you don't like about the triggers?

strix 11-14-2012 12:07 PM

The reset from double action to single, for me it will be a longer to get good with it, and that's if I even do, but as soon as I have the money to spare I will pick one up p226 cause they are sweet guns

winds-of-change 11-14-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strix (Post 1011968)
This is why I picked the XDM

I don't get the intention of this thread. You don't like Sig triggers?

When I was looking for a pocket gun I looked at the LCP, a Bersa Thunder, a Kel Tec .380 and the Sig P238. After much debate and handling the guns over and over I decided on the Sig because I liked the little bit of extra weight, I liked the external safety and I thought it had the best trigger of all of them.

strix 11-14-2012 04:05 PM

Yes I wanted to see if other people that have them felt the same, I think for me I need to but one and spend more time with it

BullseyePrecision 11-14-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strix
Yes I wanted to see if other people that have them felt the same, I think for me I need to but one and spend more time with it

Ok start over, what guns do you not like the triggers on?

strix 11-14-2012 04:22 PM

Cause of double action, but this will not stop me from buying one cause the gun it self is sweet but it is last on my list to buy

strix 11-14-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Cause of double action, but this will not stop me from buying one cause the gun it self is sweet but it is last on my list to buy

I put "sig" in my last message up top but it did not show sorry

strix 11-15-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

I put "sig" in my last message up top but it did not show sorry

You know what this convo had me thinking, I'm just going to rent a p226 at the range for a while and see if I can get to like it, cause I'm in love with the p226 scorpion

armoredmetal 11-15-2012 04:31 PM

STRIX,
Have you tried a Sig with the SRT (short reset trigger)? That is one heck of a sweeeeeet trigger. It's absolutely incredible how short the reset is.

For you, is it the transition from DA to SA that you have a hard time with? If it is, just practice, practice, practice. All you need is 15 min a day of dry fire and you will see a big improvement in no time. And the best thing about dry firing......it's FREE!

Personally, I like the "SAFE" aspect of the DA first shot followed by a light and precise SA trigger. I don't care for DA only triggers on a pistol but I do love it on revolvers.