Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   first sig any help? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/first-sig-any-help-77837/)

combateffective4 12-06-2012 03:46 AM

first sig any help?

I was looking at a sp2022
I own 2 glocks love them
G30 G23 and a full size m&p 40&40c

I am in between a Glock 19 or the sp

I like the price point of the sp in the 9mm it will be a target/run and gun occasional concealed carry

What do you think it stacks up against a g19

drvsafe 12-06-2012 12:40 PM

Both are great guns. I like the SA/DA of the SIGs over the trigger of the Glocks. Plus if you like DAO, I think you can convert the SP2022 to DAO. I am not a huge fan of polymer framed firearms, but that's me. I am a HIGE fan of SIG however. So I would say between the two, I'd go 2022.

truevil1313 12-07-2012 03:20 PM

I love my 2 SP2022's. After I bought the first one a shot it a few hundred times, I sold off all of my Glocks and bought another SP2022 in another caliber. They are a great gun for a great price. The triggers are much nicer and smother on the Sig's than Glocks, in my opinion.
I keep one in my vehicle, and carry one on my person almost everyday.
I have many other handguns in the safe, but the SP2022 is the one I carry most often.
Get one and you will not be sorry(again, my opinion).

karateguy28 12-19-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe
Both are great guns. I like the SA/DA of the SIGs over the trigger of the Glocks. Plus if you like DAO, I think you can convert the SP2022 to DAO. I am not a huge fan of polymer framed firearms, but that's me. I am a HIGE fan of SIG however. So I would say between the two, I'd go 2022.

i completely agree, both are great guns and you can't go wrong with either. in fact, my first handgun was between these 2 and i went with the Sig becausr it felt better in the hand and i liked the sights better. the glock 19 is practically legendary and their reputation speak for themselves, but the sp2022 is one of Sig's best secrets. congrats, you've obvoously done your research! again, you are in a win-win situation with your choices!

SSGN_Doc 12-19-2012 05:08 PM

For IDPA I like the Glock over my Sig. Just the consistent trigger makes it a bit easier to shoot, instead of mastering the transition from double action to single action on the Sig.

Both are excellent guns though. It will ultimately come down to personal preference.

Stillersfan 12-19-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe (Post 1041166)

I agree. I own both Sigs and Glocks, but I love the SA/DA of the Sig by far. Sig rules!

jake1 12-27-2012 02:14 AM

I had this very same dilemma just today at my lgs. I was really torn between the glock19 and the sig2022. I ended up with the sig and can't wait to get to the range tomorrow.