Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > First Sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default First Sig

Swore it would be a 226, but it was 238!

image-2224848797.jpg  

Last edited by Glore; 02-26-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Wrong model

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE="Glore"]Swore it would be a 226, but it was 238

Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

238 sorry. Its early here.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

I have one of those. You are going to love the heck out of that thing. It's small, easily concealable, solidly built and shoots like a dream. I'd love to see a range report. Good choice. Have fun with it.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Took it out today and was able to shoot some targets. These were taken at 10-12 yards. The sights were very nice and for the type of role this pistol plays are VERY appropriate. I do wanna say that i first attempted to shoot some Tulammo steel cases through it because they were the only ones in stock. Bought two boxes and my P238 would not chamber one round. Neither box worked so i gave them to a friend. I fired three boxes of brass PMC and had no issues. Shot flawlessly and it really is a dream to shoot! Two other people shot it and both told me it was the nicest .380 they have shot! Its so small and the recoil is nearly non existent. Ive read that others thought the same thing so I bought this gun because I can shoot a hundred rounds through it and still want more. Its just so nice to shoot! I bought 4 more boxes of ammo and cannot wait to get back to the range. People cringe when i tell them what I paid for a .380, but when you fiq in night sights, and quality, as well as shootablility, carryability its really worth the money (if you got it, trust me im not rich but this is going to be a working gun that I can practice with and actually enjoy). The head shots were taken really fast and I was happy with those groups, missing just one. First impressions- awesome gun that i will become very proficient with, a workhorse, just hope it holds up, stay tuned.

image-4293726457.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore
Took it out today and was able to shoot some targets. These were taken at 10-12 yards. The sights were very nice and for the type of role this pistol plays are VERY appropriate. I do wanna say that i first attempted to shoot some Tulammo steel cases through it because they were the only ones in stock. Bought two boxes and my P238 would not chamber one round. Neither box worked so i gave them to a friend. I fired three boxes of brass PMC and had no issues. Shot flawlessly and it really is a dream to shoot! Two other people shot it and both told me it was the nicest .380 they have shot! Its so small and the recoil is nearly non existent. Ive read that others thought the same thing so I bought this gun because I can shoot a hundred rounds through it and still want more. Its just so nice to shoot! I bought 4 more boxes of ammo and cannot wait to get back to the range. People cringe when i tell them what I paid for a .380, but when you fiq in night sights, and quality, as well as shootablility, carryability its really worth the money (if you got it, trust me im not rich but this is going to be a working gun that I can practice with and actually enjoy). The head shots were taken really fast and I was happy with those groups, missing just one. First impressions- awesome gun that i will become very proficient with, a workhorse, just hope it holds up, stay tuned.
has anyone had experience with a sig-sauer P522 auto saw one for 399$ wanted some feedback if its available

Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4389 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwfab View Post
has anyone had experience with a sig-sauer P522 auto saw one for 399$ wanted some feedback if its available
First, it's not auto.
I have one and it is reliable and feeds well with all different types of 22 ammo.
Fun to shoot.

NSDQ

Old 02-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Very nice! I like it!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:02 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore View Post
Imagine that. Someone else on this site couldn't get TulAmmo to work worth a **** in their handgun, yet it performed flawlessly with brass. I've been beating my head into a wall trying to make a couple around here understand that stuff is garbage but they are hell bent on saying a gun that won't fire anything has a problem.

That picture almost makes it look like you have a chromed up Hollywood gun. But I know the one you have, they have it in stock here locally. It's quite a nice finish. Gratz on the new baby.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Just curious, whats the price locally for you?