Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   SIG Sauer Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/)
-   -   Finally took my Sig 229 .40 to the range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f172/finally-took-my-sig-229-40-range-93332/)

HeatSpitta510 07-04-2013 04:38 AM

Finally took my Sig 229 .40 to the range
 
1 Attachment(s)
What a great fun gun to shoot,put the first 50 rounds threw it..powerful and smooth,the pistol fired flawlessly

Kressler11 07-04-2013 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the same firearm in 9mm. Beautiful gun and very accurate! I changed back to the original grips though

HeatSpitta510 07-04-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kressler11
I have the same firearm in 9mm. Beautiful gun and very accurate! I changed back to the original grips though

What grips did you have on your pistol?Im thinking about silver black equinox or parana grips

purehavoc 07-04-2013 11:33 PM

I have the hogue rubber on mine. Favorite grip

Byron0022 07-05-2013 03:16 PM

I have this same pistol in 40. It's so freaking smooth and accurate as heck. Only downside to it is size and weight when considering it for a carry piece. I had a P30 HK and yes HK is a fine weapon but after spending more time with my Sigs at the range I sold my HK. Congrats on your purchase.

HeatSpitta510 07-05-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron0022
I have this same pistol in 40. It's so freaking smooth and accurate as heck. Only downside to it is size and weight when considering it for a carry piece. I had a P30 HK and yes HK is a fine weapon but after spending more time with my Sigs at the range I sold my HK. Congrats on your purchase.

Yea it's a real top quality fire arm, and because I don't carry pistols on the size and weight is perfect for me, home defense and range shooting ...thank you,a glock 19 is next on my list

duddie10 07-06-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kressler11 (Post 1294803)
I have the same firearm in 9mm. Beautiful gun and very accurate! I changed back to the original grips though

Looks good. Ive been thinking abouy a p229 or a p938 as a ccw.

Kressler11 07-06-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatSpitta510

What grips did you have on your pistol?Im thinking about silver black equinox or parana grips

I had the "e2" that now come standard on the pistol. I preferred the old standard grips

yogiboobooranger 07-07-2013 02:11 PM

The P229 is a great carry gun too. You just need the right gear and you can carry it as well as any other gun. Mine are .40 caliber and I have to say, the P229 is the greatest .40 I have found. And, as far as the E2 grips, they are not my cup of tea.

Kressler11 07-07-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger
The P229 is a great carry gun too. You just need the right gear and you can carry it as well as any other gun. Mine are .40 caliber and I have to say, the P229 is the greatest .40 I have found. And, as far as the E2 grips, they are not my cup of tea.

Amen! The grips are not completely terrible but they definitely ruined a good thing going from the classic grips


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.