Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Finally, i got the bug, mosquito.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Finally, i got the bug, mosquito.

Finally got my permit. Picked it up on 2/28/13. Went directly to LGS, picked up my mosquito. It finally resides in its rightful home after almost 10 months. Per Sigs instructions, I cleaned all the grease out of it, lightly regreased the rails, and oiled it up. Took my CCI's to the range and helped rebuild the 25 yard target frame. It was cold and a near constant 10-15 mph wind, but I HAD to shoot it. Ran 40 rounds without a blip at 25 yards, 36 on 12x12 paper and 32 inside the rings. Ran 10 at 7 yards and all 10 were in the rings, 2 in the bull! Not to bad for a first timer I thought! Looking forward to a little warmer weather and more range time. My first impression of this little gem is....couldn't ask for more from a plinking gun! Loaded, fired,ejected, reloaded. Slide locked open each time I emptied and it feels great in my hand too! Hope the pic posts, cuz she's pretty sweet to look at too!

image.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Congrats and good shooting.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 640 Posts
Likes Given: 458

Did you shoot the pistol while standing on your head, too?

Congrats on your new pistol, enjoy.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Took the pic with an iPad, funny that when I look at it in the camera roll its right side up, but when I send it, it's upside down.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #5

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie62
Finally got my permit. Picked it up on 2/28/13. Went directly to LGS, picked up my mosquito. It finally resides in its rightful home after almost 10 months. Per Sigs instructions, I cleaned all the grease out of it, lightly regreased the rails, and oiled it up. Took my CCI's to the range and helped rebuild the 25 yard target frame. It was cold and a near constant 10-15 mph wind, but I HAD to shoot it. Ran 40 rounds without a blip at 25 yards, 36 on 12x12 paper and 32 inside the rings. Ran 10 at 7 yards and all 10 were in the rings, 2 in the bull! Not to bad for a first timer I thought! Looking forward to a little warmer weather and more range time. My first impression of this little gem is....couldn't ask for more from a plinking gun! Loaded, fired,ejected, reloaded. Slide locked open each time I emptied and it feels great in my hand too! Hope the pic posts, cuz she's pretty sweet to look at too!
Had mine for about year and a half and really enjoy it. Had a LEO with me last weekend and he's a committed .45 guy but he had a ball with my Mosquito and now wants one.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:00 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I recommended one to a friend who was looking for a good .22 range plinker. I've never once had an issue with a Sig, but man he bought one and it was like the red headed step child. After a couple tries to break it in, he sent it back to Sig and when it came back to him, they had replaced everything but the frame. That's great service on warranty work, but I was kind of disappointed that he experienced that after I recommended it. I'm actually considering one for my daughter, seeing as she wants purple and Sig offers purple in the Mosquito

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 03-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #7

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

What caliber are they chambered in?

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #8

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post
What caliber are they chambered in?
22lr is what they shoot.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #9

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
I recommended one to a friend who was looking for a good .22 range plinker. I've never once had an issue with a Sig, but man he bought one and it was like the red headed step child. After a couple tries to break it in, he sent it back to Sig and when it came back to him, they had replaced everything but the frame. That's great service on warranty work, but I was kind of disappointed that he experienced that after I recommended it. I'm actually considering one for my daughter, seeing as she wants purple and Sig offers purple in the Mosquito
When I sent mine back up to Sig I suggested they ream out the breech end of the barrel slightly. once that was done I probably have one failure every 200 rounds with CCI minimags 40 grain. Fully agree that dealing with Sig service personnel is a breeze.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Well with the pricepoint of their firearms, they pretty well have to maintain good customer service, unless they want to end up sucking on the same lemons that Kimber has recently found in their mouths.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr