Custom P938 Grips - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Custom P938 Grips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

BTW, I looked closer at my 938 this morning. Yup, plastic trigger. VERY disappointing for a gun that costs what that one does. I bet they could save another dollar by making the firing pin out of plastic, too. Where did you get your aluminum one? Hard to change out, or no?
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #72
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
BTW, I looked closer at my 938 this morning. Yup, plastic trigger. VERY disappointing for a gun that costs what that one does. I bet they could save another dollar by making the firing pin out of plastic, too. Where did you get your aluminum one? Hard to change out, or no?
There is a guy on eBay in Lula Georgia who sells the correct thread grip screws with a torx head and has the skeleton aluminum trigger. I think it was like $30 or so. I will say this.....the mother #$&^@*$*%@ING trigger pin is like all but welded in. They say on you tube you should get a punch that has a bowl shaped end because you have to beat the snot out of it to get that pin out. You can see I dinged the hell out of the area around the hole on mine....which is why I took the picture of the other side for yall....lol

Old 04-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #73

Liked 39 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Beautiful grips you've made. But I'm curious how you work in the recess cut in the insides of the grips. I've made some, but they don't fit correctly without the recessing. Can you show some pictures of the back sides?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #74

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

No, I can't see where you dinged it. Is it that pin between the trigger, and the slide release? If so, I see on mine that the pin is black, and the end domes outwards. Yeah, a tough go for sure, if it's at all tight. I'd say the best chance for a clean re-installation is a new pin, along with a hydraulic press. No other way to keep the finish on the pin, really... So, was it worth it?
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #75
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
No, I can't see where you dinged it. Is it that pin between the trigger, and the slide release? If so, I see on mine that the pin is black, and the end domes outwards. Yeah, a tough go for sure, if it's at all tight. I'd say the best chance for a clean re-installation is a new pin, along with a hydraulic press. No other way to keep the finish on the pin, really... So, was it worth it?
The dings are on the other side. I had to use some 800 grit paper on the pin cause it simply wouldn't go back in. I think it looks a lot better with an aluminum trigger and the cut outs match my STX trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #76

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

Serious talent, GP!! Wow!! Beautiful wood products!! Too bad I only own a SP2022 (plastic fitted grip). I would buy from you in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #77

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nice. Do you make some in exotic wood for a Sig P239 DA/SA?