Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Custom P938 Grips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 636 Times on 428 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that nothing on this earth is NOT lethal in the right amounts. Overexposure to the sun can cause skin cancer...to much sunscreen can cause breast cancer (or used to). Anything inhaled through the lungs can cause lung cancer. Too much alcohol damages the liver. Smoking, dipping, chewing... Sugar can lead to obesity, can lead to diabetes, can lead to heart disease, leads to death. High fructose corn syrup: the subject of health campaigns lately, and the corn/agriculture industry fighting back with their ads "just like sugar, it's fine in moderation"... Of course it is. High fat foods lead to myriad health and cardio problems. A water bottle left in the sun releases carcinogens into it's contents. Cell phones, PDAs, laptops... Eye problems, carpal tunnel, brain tumors....

Tomorrow I'm having two places removed from my neck that my doctor thinks MAY be carcinomas (cancers). I'm only 28 years old. Many of my friends have been battling cancers, tumors, polyps, and whatnots within their digestive tract, linked to irradiated water we were given in Afghanistan. I drank as much of it as anyone else.

Guess what? I'll still be playing in the sun all summer long on the boat too.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just upset. I always hear, "that stuff can kill you", everywhere I turn. I refuse to live in fear of living.
Also very true. That sucks. Irradiated water!!?? Ummm, you forgot eggs and coffee, though. LOL

Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #22
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post

Also very true. That sucks. Irradiated water!!?? Ummm, you forgot eggs and coffee, though. LOL
Not to mention the whole damn ship we rode over on, even though it's diesel, I'm sure there's something going on there...

Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #23

Yes, there is probably still lead in the Navy Grey paint they slather them with.....

Old 02-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateguy28 View Post
hey General Patron, do you do any grips for the P238? i i HATE the plastic grips that they come with so i ordered a nice set from rhinotech that actually look really good. i was just wondering about a backup pair or just switch them out completely. thanks.
I don't have a 238 on hand to measure with, but I could with dimensions. From everything I've seen spec wise, the 938 and 238 are all but identical, except the barrel length on the 938 is slightly larger making the overall length different by .4' of an inch. So, upon verification as such, yes I could make 238 grips.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

The grips you made look great. Some really nice craftsmanship in them.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #26

Have him mail you the 238 grips, so you can copy.....

Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #27

If someone wanted me to make grips for them custom to their gun, at a minimum I'd need their grips for dimensions. But I'd be happy to make custom ones for a few folks, of course given plenty of time as I criticize my own work more than that of those that I buy.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #28

Ok so here are a few more shots. The Walnut has been clear coated with a matte finish. It looks good. The cocobolo I have done nothing past oiling it. Wondering if it even needs a top coat itlooks so nice as it. Yall be the judges

Left is Cocobolo right is Walnut

Left is walnut right is cocobolo

All of the following try to show angles, sheens, and grain.

So whadaya think?

GP

Old 02-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #29

If anyone would like to have some for their Sig, just PM me and we can discuss what it is you want, woodtype, etc. I am going to make a few of them for very little money (simply to cover Costs) All I would as the buyer to do is give me some feedback on the grips.......honestly. If you think they looked crusted up hardened cow chit, please tell me so so I can fix whatever is the issue.

Those interested just need to contact me! I can do other grips, but I'd need the grips you have.

GP

Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #30

Quote:
So whadaya think?
I think you are offering a very fair deal. If I were not a woodworker myself, and if I did not really like the stock rosewood grips it came with, i'd be alll over this. Upon further reflection, though, I was wondering; will some of the softer woods (walnut?) hold up ok, or will they ding easily? and as I wrte this, it occurs to me that some pistols come with Walnut grips. (This is only the second gun I've had that has wood grips, so I'm not too familiar....)