Best Weekend EVER!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Best Weekend EVER!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default Best Weekend EVER!

A good friend called me the other day saying he wanted to come out and test out a new (Sig 938) pistol he picked up. I said come on out and I was interested in seeing his because I actually had been looking for a small 9mm for summer carry.

Much to my surprise he pulls up and hops out carrying two boxes and says to me "Here..Check this out". I look it over and was really amazed at the overall feel of the little Sig. I said that I'd have to check into getting one for myself. Then the part that floors me. He says.."Don't bother, this one is yours". This quickly puts a what the hell look on my face and he goes on to remind me I bought him a PT1911 some years back so he thought he would return the favor. After a few minutes of quit yanking me comments he says lets go see how these things shoot.

I used a few different types of ammo from flat nose FMJ reloads to some older HP stuff I had laying around. We put 50 rounds through each of them in pretty short order. And not a single hiccup. He had already went over them and cleaned and lubed them before coming out. At ranges form 10 yds to 25 yds these things where amazing! I can't remember another short pistol that shot so well. Very manageable recoil and the sloppiest groups where at longer range (of course) and those where inside 10" Amazing little pistols I have to say. But I've come to expect that from Sig Sauer.

Here's a pic of my new little friend. It come with a laser, plastic/poly holster, two mags. It has night sights but I'm still pretty on the fence as to their usefulness on such a small pistol it's still pretty cool.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

You have good friends!

I've never had the opportunity to shoot one of those before but it seems to be consensus that it is one of the top subcompact pistols out there.

Congrats!

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #3

It's a heck of a shooter. I'm not too sure I'll leave the laser on it but it's a really nice little pistol.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I love my P938 and P238. They shoot great and conceal very easy.

image-133414154.jpg

Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #5

Liked 1121 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 738

Yup. The 938 is my 1st SIG, and I have basically the same opinion. I do not, however, have friends that can afford to buy me one.....

Old 05-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #6

I looked at the sig P238 a while back. Those are really what got me looking for a Sig that size. THe truth be told the only real better selling point for the 938 fror me is ammo cost and the fact that I can reload for 9mm and not have to worry about mixing cases up

I'm still reeling about the idea that my friend bought it for me. I mean, I did get him a pistol as a gift some years back but it was to say thanks for his help in a pretty rough patch several years ago. So it wasn't liek he had any favor that he really needed to think about returning. He is a real good friend and has a really old school country boy way about him. Way he seen it was I bought him a gun so he has to do the same. Whe I was trying to tell him he really didn't need to do anything like that all he would say was well..you did it. And I needed to come out to see about making a holster for it. He makes custom holsters and is always getting me to come out and help him make some for me or teaching me more about doing it. He has been working on making me a shoulder rig for a Super Redhawk I have. I wanted to use it for hunting and it be great to be able to carry it around. easier.

The Sigs are really great pistols. I'm always leery about smaller autoloaders due to some feeding issues I've experienced. The Sigs form what I've seen do not have any issues like that. But they are a Sig after all After a 1911 they are my preferred platforms.

I would strongly advise anyone looking for a compact pistol to check them out. I honestly don't know of a better choice and they can be had at a reasonable price dependent on which slide, grips etc.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #7

Liked 1121 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 738

I would suggest you check out the "SIG P938 Grips" thread. In the Sig Handgun section. GeneralPatton is making custom grips for them, I posted a photo of my 938 and the grips he made for it just today.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 AM   #8

Thanks!!!

I've made some 1911 grips. I might have to look into this..

Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #9

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

You got an awesome friend and an awesome pistol, keep both and enjoy their company.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
You got an awesome friend and an awesome pistol, keep both and enjoy their company.
Heh..Man me and this guy are pretty much two of a kind. Throwbacks to a different time or at the least pretty much old school when it comes to many things. We're probably the only two people that could put up with each other.

Thomas Jefferson