Adjusting to a Sig
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG Sauer Forum > Adjusting to a Sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
KJL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Adjusting to a Sig

I have a Colt, Rugers, S & W, and a few Glocks. I was looking at a new gun and a friend told me to go with the Sig P220 with night sights. I have used it indoors and outdoors and had a great deal of trouble finding the target. The last time at the range was a sell it or keep it day. It was a new range with different lighting, to where I feel the night sights were a great help. Both my son and I were pleased with our groups. Any advise as to how to sight in other lights?
Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I have a 226 with night sights that I can't say I've had any issue day night indoor outdoor.Everyone is different I know I have a similar issue with Glocks.I know that they make great pistols but not for me they force me out of my natural point of aim.Continuous training with you're weapon is you're only recourse other than a sell or trade.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
KJL

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thank you for your input. I have changed all of my glock sights to tricon. I have not fored them yet, however if I need to change the sig sights I may go back to the Glock 21, which I know and love.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ultimately, I suppose prudence dictates you go with what works best for you, but I wouldn't rush any decision. Sig makes great firearms/sights and maybe you should invest a little more time before making a decision.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
KJL

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What do you think of changing to tricon sights?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #6

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Don't see why not if you like them on you're Glocks chances are thye will enhance you're experience with you're Sig.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
KJL

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think I will take to my best store/range, shoot it again and if the results compare changing the sights to trading to another gun.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:34 AM   #8

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJL View Post
Thank you for your input. I have changed all of my glock sights to tricon. I have not fored them yet, however if I need to change the sig sights I may go back to the Glock 21, which I know and love.
Funny. I had the G21 and it rated last on my long list of owned firearms. I never liked a gun with such loose tolerances that I could read a newspaper between the rail and the slide. The Sigs are so much better built......But I know, to each his own. I sold the Glock to a friend and he loves it.

So I'm not sure what your target acquisition issues are?? Maybe the gun itself, or maybe you're just used to Glock, which has a different grip angle??

Mossberg 590A1
Centurian C39 AK pistol
Sig 226
SA xdm 45 compact
H&K USP .40
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308

Old 12-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
KJL

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think your comment on grip angle is very good. However practice may make perfect. My Ruger has a much straighter grip, however it is my oldest gun and I am very used to it. Now to address the quality issue. Today's firearms are produced on CNC machines which can hold the greatest tolerances. Unless we are talking about part (gun) design, then they are equal. Maybe Glock is built to a broader tolerance, maybe. This could be due to them being able to be able to be fired under adverse ( and very dirty) conditions. I would never think about taking my Sig to the range without a good cleaning, while I do not think about not cleaning my Glock until I have put 500 rounds through them. As an engineer I can only speculate without actually looking at the actual detailed drawings. Not going to happen.... Just my opinion.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Sig has a higher grip where glocks are lower. I love my sig BUT I can shoot my glock a lot better due to how it sits in my hand. I would say that the sig's sit at least 1/2 inch higher.