Stack-on drawer safe - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Stack-on drawer safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Two words; oh $hit!

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #12
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1090 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

This still affords some measure of security. May want to use this, till your eye catches something a little better.

Congratulations on knowing your firearms need security. That is better than many people.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #13

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
This still affords some measure of security. May want to use this, till your eye catches something a little better.

Congratulations on knowing your firearms need security. That is better than many people.
This safe is for keeping honest people honest. If a thief wants to get into any drawer type safe they can -

Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc

Saying they are not worth anymore than $9 they are way too easy to open. Not kid proof and not close to being theft proof.
Lol all safes can be accessed. My kids have been raised to respect other folks property. This safe, while not top end for sure, is better than none at all............find me a drawer safe that can't be accessed by a professional thief?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #15

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

That is way more resposible than all those people that keep their gun in a drawer that doesnt even have a safe in it. I have the upright one mounted in my closet. I have two carry guns that I swap out a couple times a day. All the other guns are in a big safe in the garage.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

While something is better then nothing, they should be called storage boxes not safes. The fact that a 3 year old boy died from entering one of these so easily is enough for me to not give them my business...

Old 02-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38special View Post
If you watched the videos you would realize they are not quality safes nor are they safe..
tell you what - you give me your safe brand make, model, etc. I'll come back with a guy on youtube breaking into it. I am willing to wager.....but it has to be a safe that you own, not something you look up (pics for proof)

If I end up to be wrong I'll admit it (somewhat shamefully and reluctantly, but I'll still admit it lol)

Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #18

Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 10

This follow up story is from my local TV station and aired a couple weeks ago. The reporter used a paper clip and got in the safe in under 22 seconds! Looks like the same model that's in the video. Not very secure, but if your kids are taught to respect other peoples property, they probably won't mess with it. What about their friends? A thief will just take it and open it later if not bolted down. I just wouldn't store a HD gun in it all the time. Should be fine for night time storage when you are there.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Unsafe-safes-Death-of-3-year-old-raises-questions-about-household-gun-safes-191334211.html

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 03-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #19

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post

tell you what - you give me your safe brand make, model, etc. I'll come back with a guy on youtube breaking into it. I am willing to wager.....but it has to be a safe that you own, not something you look up (pics for proof)

If I end up to be wrong I'll admit it (somewhat shamefully and reluctantly, but I'll still admit it lol)
Here is the difference that any sane person could figure out. Yes any safe can be defeated but its one thing to be able to open one with a paper clip or a potato. They are junk. There are some out there under $100 that are quite good. Maybe you could take the time to watch this one. It will give you hints on what to look for and even shows you the good and bad.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc

Here is the difference that any sane person could figure out. Yes any safe can be defeated but its one thing to be able to open one with a paper clip or a potato. They are junk. There are some out there under $100 that are quite good. Maybe you could take the time to watch this one. It will give you hints on what to look for and even shows you the good and bad.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yr6ATdaDQ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
The safe I purchased serves it's purpose. For my circumstance. That's what matters not whether or not it meets your purposes. I know you believe you are being helpful but to he honest you are coming across as condescending and I don't really care for that.