some tips when buying a gun safe
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > some tips when buying a gun safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 60 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default some tips when buying a gun safe

While I am not an "expert" per se, I did a lot of research before buying my last safe.

I get disappointed when I see people buying cheap, bargain basement "lockers" that are poor excuses for secure gun storage.

You need to look at specs, if the manufacturer does not list the insulating material or the actual thickness of the steel used in the sides, back and top, it is because they do not want you to know.

Many of the safes sold at places like Walmart, Home Depot and Costco are simply "residential storage containers" and do not qualify as secure or fire resistant.

I did a write up on my blog that includes pictures, descriptions and links, this helps the buyer make an informed decision.

BTW I do not work for a safe company, nor do I sell for them.

My first safe was a Liberty Franklin series 35CF, my first mistake was buying a Liberty, my second was buying too small!

The next safe I bought is a Superior Master Series 50CF, I made the same mistake in that it is too small.

Read more here on my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-primer-on-gun-safes.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here