So I bought a Stack-On....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > So I bought a Stack-On....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 05:25 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default So I bought a Stack-On....

It is a 14 Gun Electronic Safe. I start to realize that every couple of days I need to use the key to open safe because the keypad was dead. Tried a lot of different 9 volt batteries, sure enough, after a couple days and a couple openings, it was dead again and had to use the key again. So I sent my problem to stack on, quick reply with a nice not who to call, called them, they said they would send me replacement parts they knew problem very nice, quick, efficient, great experience so far so, great! I get the parts after about a week, again, great! I open envelope and out falls a new key pad and a new electronic board, again, great, right? Then problems start, no direction of any sort, so I'm kind of a handy guy, I can break down a 1911 right? Not an engineer but I can get the bolt in and out of my mini 14. Of course I have changed a trigger on one of my hand guns. I even polished the bolt on my AK 47 to a mirror finish. I put my grill together and only checked the directions a couple of times. Who needs directions right? I take all 20 screws out of inside of safe door and I see all the goods, connected everything as I would think it should be connected i plug it in, red light comes on key pad great right? Not great, red light bad, smell something, uh oh, bad, push buttons hear no beeps, smell something more, yep, there was a steady stream of smoke coming off the newly installed board. Am pretty sure it's toast. I emailed stack on with situation, will let you know how they do. The equipment on right is original equipment, equipment on left is equipment they sent to me.

File Type: jpg IMG_2492.jpg (32.2 KB, 40 views)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #2

Liked 76 Times on 55 Posts

the electronic knox I have I hard wired to a transformer with a ups style battery back up, the whole deal takes up about as much space as an ammo can but it was better than replacing batteries, the ups style battery has a stand by shelf of about 5 years

once you work out the apparent key pad board issues might be something worth looking into

Old 11-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

The only stuff I'd buy from them is a security cabinet to keep ammo in it, and maybe one of the small safes to be mounted in our SUV,...if you have to go cheap, Homak is better with better CS then Stack on,.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #4

Liked 1078 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Yeah, I don't put much faith in those electronic openers. I had the Sentry version, smaller office type safe. That thing would go deal less often, but it would do so in a manner that wasn't abrupt. So it would open harder and harder. At one point, I wrenched it a little too much, and the plastic mechanism inside slipped, and done. After a while of sketchy openings, it got me on a bad day, and the thing got opened with a pry bar and sent out the second story window.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.