Show off your safe/gun room - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Show off your safe/gun room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Dude! About that WALLPAPER!
Not gonna apologize, grew up in South Philly... That's how we roll...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #42

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Not gonna apologize, grew up in South Philly... That's how we roll...
WOW. Now I have seen everything.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 AM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8698 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

No- you have not- and he was not kidding.

For those that have never experimented with hallucinogens, this is what the Macy's Christmas Parade would look like on acid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=0JpvLRAOb7A&feature=fvwp

Philly 2012 Mummer's Parade. Now go strut!

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #44

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
No- you have not- and he was not kidding.

For those that have never experimented with hallucinogens, this is what the Macy's Christmas Parade would look like on acid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=0JpvLRAOb7A&feature=fvwp

Philly 2012 Mummer's Parade. Now go strut!
Deja Vou

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Heres mine

I lived in a double wide for years and always wondered what I would do if a tornado was in the area. Stick my head between my legs and kiss my ass good bye? So when I decided to build a real house I wanted a vault/safe room so I had them pour one 10' x 10' in the end of the basement under ground. I found someone in the area that made safe rooms and doors. The gray heavy duty cabinet in the pic used to be my gun safe. Now its my ammo locker. The dehumidifer keeps the humidity at around 20% and the heater keeps the temp around 75 degrees. Some where around $4500 total invested. Well worth it for the piece of mind. If I need to use it as a safe room I can lock the door from the inside and then all I have to do is open a hatch and pull a pin to pull the bolts back to get out. Also the door opens to the inside so if theres a tornado, rubble can't keep me from opening the door. That may have been more information than anyone wanted.

img_2748.jpg   img_2749.jpg   img_2752.jpg  

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

People Like This 
Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #46

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I lived in a double wide for years and always wondered what I would do if a tornado was in the area. Stick my head between my legs and kiss my ass good bye? So when I decided to build a real house I wanted a vault/safe room so I had them pour one 10' x 10' in the end of the basement under ground. I found someone in the area that made safe rooms and doors. The gray heavy duty cabinet in the pic used to be my gun safe. Now its my ammo locker. The dehumidifer keeps the humidity at around 20% and the heater keeps the temp around 75 degrees. Some where around $4500 total invested. Well worth it for the piece of mind. If I need to use it as a safe room I can lock the door from the inside and then all I have to do is open a hatch and pull a pin to pull the bolts back to get out. Also the door opens to the inside so if theres a tornado, rubble can't keep me from opening the door. That may have been more information than anyone wanted.
String very nice and that is what I want to do when we get moved to the country. My only concern would be water in the basement with your door sitting that close to the floor . I know in GA you guys dont get mass flooding etc but here in IL it does happen from time to time . Im thinking maybe a small 2 block high wall with my door sitting on top of that to help keep the safe room from flooding in ? Also what did your door cost you ? The house we are looking at is only about 17 yrs old and has never had water inthe basement as it sits up pretty high anyway , just thinking incase there is ever a busted water pipe or something of that nature but I want to do a 10X16 in a house thats already built which creates a bit of a problem so I may have to go block walls ?

Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Vault door

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
String very nice and that is what I want to do when we get moved to the country. My only concern would be water in the basement with your door sitting that close to the floor . I know in GA you guys dont get mass flooding etc but here in IL it does happen from time to time . Im thinking maybe a small 2 block high wall with my door sitting on top of that to help keep the safe room from flooding in ? Also what did your door cost you ? The house we are looking at is only about 17 yrs old and has never had water inthe basement as it sits up pretty high anyway , just thinking incase there is ever a busted water pipe or something of that nature but I want to do a 10X16 in a house thats already built which creates a bit of a problem so I may have to go block walls ?
Without going digging around for the records I'm pretty sure the door was about $1800. I'm not too much worried about the basement getting flooded. Like I said the front of basement is under ground but the yard slopes so the back of the basement is ground level. I walk out the back basement door onto a patio under the back porch. I didn't mention that the walls are 8" reinforced concrete and the ceiling is 6" poured on corrugated steel. The dehumidifer drains into a sump pump that pumps it outside.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 01-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #48

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
Without going digging around for the records I'm pretty sure the door was about $1800. I'm not too much worried about the basement getting flooded. Like I said the front of basement is under ground but the yard slopes so the back of the basement is ground level. I walk out the back basement door onto a patio under the back porch. I didn't mention that the walls are 8" reinforced concrete and the ceiling is 6" poured on corrugated steel. The dehumidifer drains into a sump pump that pumps it outside.
Awesome is that where you take freckle friday pics at
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Freckle Friday

I wish!!!!!

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #50

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Browning makes some safe doors. They have one I have bin looking into. It looks like a regular door. Has a wireless pad that can be hidden up to 7 feet away.