A shallow gun safe?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > A shallow gun safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 03:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default A shallow gun safe?

When I first started the sport I used a gun "cabinet" from Stack on.
I still have it and it's convenient and fits where I need it to fit. But as I find more and more guns to buy I realize I need a more secure way to keep them.
I have a few small safes, and an in-wall safe that handles the pistols. I was wondering if anyone knew of a gun safe manufacturer that makes safes that are not too deep, perhaps no deper than 12"? The safe could be 24" or 30" wide, but the depth needs to be smaller because of the location I need to put it. I believe the Stack On cabinet is about 10" deep, and that fits the area quite well

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts

Default A shallow gun safe?

I have a smaller sized wall safe from Harbor freight that will hold a couple of handguns and jewelry, but I believe you're looking for a rifle safe. And I'm sure you've read the other thread running titled "In the market for a gun safe...", but since there've been no other responses I'll chime in

Look at this site:
http://www.gunsafes.com/Wall-Safes.html

They list one wall safe, V-Line 51653-SA Closet Vault, that looks like what you're looking for.

Another is a floor safe, BedBunker Concealed Floor/Wall Safe, and it's available in 36", 48" & 72" lengths.

Knowing the manufacturers, you may can find other vendors selling these.

Sorry I don't have first hand experience. I also am using a Stack-On cabinet bolted in and in a locked closet for long guns, but I don't have any high dollar firearms.