SentrySafe Mistake
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > SentrySafe Mistake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 418 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 409

Default SentrySafe Mistake

So I bought a small SentrySafe at BJ's to put at my vacation place to store one pistol and some important documents when I'm there. Worked the combination and dual lock key several times before locking anything up, as suggested in the owners manual, and did notice the handle a bit tight but thought it might work out over time. Wouldn't you know it the first time I locked up my Sig 1911 I couldn't get it opened. The handle dropped to the open position after putting in the combination but I couldn't open the door. Tried prying it with a screwdriver But I guess the lock bolts did not retract. Looks like I need a demo saw to get to my Sig. SentrySafe is a piece of crap.

img_5621comp.jpg  

Ronald Reagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 596 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 3113

I wouldn't trust a sentry safe with much of anything!
They might be somewhat fire safe, but you can usually get into one pretty easy from the ones I have seen.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
They might be somewhat fire safe, but you can usually get into one pretty easy from the ones I have seen.
Yes, lesson learned.

Ronald Reagan

Old 05-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #4

Liked 2103 Times on 1157 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
Oh, I don't know. It seems to be slowing SB777 down pretty good.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
People Like This 
Old 05-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6614 Times on 3513 Posts
Likes Given: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Oh, I don't know. It seems to be slowing SB777 down pretty good.
i think your right. seems pretty secure to me. he aint gettin that sig out anytime soon....
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 564 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Call Sentry safe and ask for help or suggestions.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

all he needs is a four year old child with a butter knife and it will open in no time flat!
People Like This 
Old 05-26-2014, 03:22 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
all he needs is a four year old child with a butter knife and it will open in no time flat!
Actually was quit a exercise. Mainly due to the fact I don't have a good collection of tools up at the vacation place. Was able to borrow a pair of pry bars from a friend and eventually got it open but it wasn't easy - even though I knew the combination.

Ronald Reagan
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-26-2014, 03:42 AM   #9
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1404 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 621

Sentry Safe is probably a secretly government-owned company. They've programmed the safe to detect guns or ammo and lock permanently. Gun owners are so stupid and lazy that they'll never get the guns out. Obama grabs the guns quickly and quietly and keeps them locked up - Obama for the win!!

Let this be a lesson to you gun owners - always check the political affiliation of your gun safe. Now I gotta go check out this GM (Government Motors) feature called "OnStar" where a government-owned company can track you, start, stop and open your doors or trunk of your car by satellite, and even talks to you! Sounds too 1984-Orwellian to me!

I'll keep ya posted. Stay paranoid!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)
People Like This 
Old 05-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Sentry Safe is probably a secretly government-owned company. They've programmed the safe to detect guns or ammo and lock permanently. Gun owners are so stupid and lazy that they'll never get the guns out. Obama grabs the guns quickly and quietly and keeps them locked up - Obama for the win!!

Let this be a lesson to you gun owners - always check the political affiliation of your gun safe. Now I gotta go check out this GM (Government Motors) feature called "OnStar" where a government-owned company can track you, start, stop and open your doors or trunk of your car by satellite, and even talks to you! Sounds too 1984-Orwellian to me!

I'll keep ya posted. Stay paranoid!
Oh s#%t, and I had OnStar too. I'm screwed.

Ronald Reagan
People Like This