Rental apartment gun storage
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Rental apartment gun storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rental apartment gun storage

Does anyone have any suggestions for inconspicuous gun storage for a rental apartment ?
The new place I'm moving to has a no-firearm policy, but the lovely girl at the office winked at me and told me she keeps hers in a nightstand and told me don't ask don't tell.... The problem is my ar mossberg 500 and .303 don't fit in a nightstand... I keep my doors locked but I'd like to have them and my ammo out of sight

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #2

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

what country are you in,they can not tell you you cant have a gun.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #3

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
what country are you in,they can not tell you you cant have a gun.
What Rifleman1 said...

If your in the US... Request that policy in writing.

Do it after you move in and show it to an attorney.

I'm pretty sure being evicted for gun possession would give you a doozy of a lawsuit.

I personally despise anyone who looks for a reason to sue people but landlords seeking to violate civil liberties are a "special" kind of azz hole!

Tack
Old 05-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2750 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

I agree with Tack! I would take them anyway. There are all kinds of good ways to conceal them. If they can't see them they have no right to pilfer around your place without your permission! For example an apartment, if they want to change a furnace filter or make repairs. Best, don't let them in without you being present! Simple as that! And if you needed to give them permission not being present. And if your items are concealed and out of sight in an area they should not be pilfering in and locate them? Well in that case if it caused any problem at all, the serious problem would be theirs.!!!!!!
If you wanted to shoot them take them out in a inconspicuous box or container. Like a box blinds or a sweeper comes in. So if you passed another resident they would not be aware of the contents.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 05-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Do you have any kind of a storage or hall closet?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9567 Times on 4116 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Go get a couple of the GOOD wooden suit hangers. Drill and add a wire hook the will allow the rifle to hang from a sling swivel. Get a zippered suit bag. Put hanger in bag. Hang rifle. Zip bag. Put sports coat over the bag. Hang it in between shirts, suits, etc.

They make one like this for handguns, have not seen a store bought one for rifles.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

clr8ter Likes This 
Old 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #7

Liked 1131 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 740

THAT^^^ right there is a cool idea!

If I am not mistaken, a landlord has the right to go into your apartment without you being there in certain cases. Fire. Water issues, ect.

Why not just get a locking cabinet, and put it in the closet?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
THAT^^^ right there is a cool idea!

If I am not mistaken, a landlord has the right to go into your apartment without you being there in certain cases. Fire. Water issues, ect.

Why not just get a locking cabinet, and put it in the closet?
I'd buy a gun locker from Stack On for $100. That will keep them concealed. Personally, I would hope the landlord is that stupid to try and deny my civil liberties. He'd be giving me free rent for a while.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

My apartment has a no gun policy also. I just laugh at it because in my opinion it violates the United States Constitution, Oklahoma Constitution, and the Oklahoma Self Defense Act.

Most of the time that is in a lease simply as a liability with their insurance. If push comes to shove, any good judge should side with you. It shouldn't get to that point though.

I ordered some ammo at one point and it came in a small heavy box to the front office with a "small arms cartridge" sticker on it. The guy asked my, "what did you get? A lead acid battery?" I should have just said, yeah sure, but instead I said "Nope. ordered some ammo." The guy was just like "oh I didn't hear that". Haha. My apartment has 4 individually leased rooms with deadbolts on each door. I changed my deadbolt without the apartment knowing so they cant get in. If they have to do maintenance I leave the door open, hide the guns, and usually leave a camcorder rolling on my desk under some papers. I'm not paranoid, just cautious.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 05-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Certainly doesn't leave one much choice. Do you love yourself? Then your firearms are your best bet if life is threatened by home invaders. 911 or your landlord's number will NOT do the trick.