Reinforcing a "locker" style cabinet? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Reinforcing a "locker" style cabinet?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Thanks a lot for the drawing. I get it better now. You just saved me a bunch of $$$

I owe you one! or two!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #22

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

One solution for the cash-strapped is to buy a used document safe ( set up like a file cabinet ) . These are often sold at auction by the government and private dealers resell them . They are good for storing pistols, ammo, mags, holsters and parts .

Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #23
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1105 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Every town has a bunch of locksmiths. Call them all, telling them you want a big safe. The larger they are, the mire work they are to move. Very large safes are hard to sell for that reason.

Also call realestate brokers, because safes get left behind. Put an ad in Craig's list looking for a safe.

Anyone that walks into a box store ti buy a new gun safe has not figured out there is a less money option, that gets you more safe.

I paid 200 bucks for a huge two door UL rated jewelry safe. Another safe was 60 bucks, another was free.

Look around.

You are not going to find a job box for one fifty. Used beat up one maybe.

forumrunner_20130322_020044.jpg

Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Gun Cabinet

Reinforce it helps. You can put a chain through it and through your guns and use a trojan lock inside where the chain goes through and around the cabinet. They would need bolt cutters to get the chain off and the lock cannot be cut easy and if you use a big enough chain it is hard to cut without a big pair of lock cutters. They would have tear the whole cabinet apart to get your guns. I also so have designs for other ways to reinforce your cabinet. Some of them are cheaper than buying a big safe. I also run across gun safes every now and then fairly cheap. Most of the time you have to send off for the combination because the owner lost it or the owner is not around. Let me know how it goes.