Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gun Safes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f171/)
-   -   Pelican Case (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f171/pelican-case-100231/)

px4storm 11-11-2013 08:35 PM

Pelican Case

I hope this might be a good place to ask this.,, I want to know the best pelican case to buy for a PX4storm full size 9MM?

winds-of-change 11-11-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by px4storm (Post 1429091)
I hope this might be a good place to ask this.,, I want to know the best pelican case to buy for a PX4storm full size 9MM?

Take measurements of your firearm and order the best sized case for that particular gun. Pelican cases are awesome.

TexasARGunna 11-23-2013 07:54 PM

As a pelican distributer & custom case insert fabricator, I love these questions.

Here's a few things to take into account.

What all are you putting in the case?

Just the pistol & a mag(or2)?

Will you store the mags separate from the gun in the case?(ie-each in its own slot)?

Are you looking to put a box if ammo in the case?

Are you putting a silica pack in the case?

JTJ 11-23-2013 08:32 PM

Pelican cases have a rubber sealing valve so you can get it open if you change altitude or the case heats up. Cheap watertight cases that dont have that feature can be very hard to open. I have about 4 small Pelican boxes for use on our kayaks. You should love this post Tex.

TexasARGunna 11-23-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
Pelican cases have a rubber sealing valve so you can get it open if you change altitude or the case heats up. Cheap watertight cases that dont have that feature can be very hard to open. I have about 4 small Pelican boxes for use on our kayaks. You should love this post Tex.

Yup, Automatic Pressure Release valves. Standard on almost all pelican & pelican storm cases and another great feature

px4storm 11-24-2013 06:30 PM

Just looking to put the pistol and two mags in the case. Which model would be good to get?

TexasARGunna 11-24-2013 11:17 PM

A general rule of thumb when fitting a case with foam is that you want minimum 1" of foam around the edges for added protection.

I'd recommend any of the following cases for your needs.

Pelican 1400
Pelican 1450
Pelican Storm iM2100
Pelican Storm iM2200

All are available with pick n pluck foam with convoluted foam(egg crate) in the lids. All are also available in black, as well as the other standard colors offered by pelican. Also included is Pelicans lifetime warranty, which is tops in the industry. I've been dealing with these cases for over 6 years and have only replaced minimum parts(ie-gaskets, broken handle, wheel) and can only think of 3-4 cases that have actually had to be replaced via warranty due to damage! 98% of the cases we sell are used in the oil industry and are treated like pure trash!

px4storm 11-25-2013 08:42 AM

Thanks. I will look into those model numbers

px4storm 11-25-2013 03:28 PM

Looks like the 1400 will do the trick. Thanks.

px4storm 11-25-2013 10:30 PM

How about locks for the pelican cases? What's good?