Old gun safe - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > Old gun safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Dude...I feel like I'm cheating on my glock. It's like the girls gone wild site for guns.
string1946 Likes This 
Old 07-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #32

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946
In the interest of full disclosure, here are five more that for one reason or another wasn't in the vault when the pictures were taken.
Those were probably doing there job or on duty elsewhere. My first centerfire handgun was a Colt Python just like yours. I smile every time I see one.
string1946 Likes This 
Old 07-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Latest additon

Ok this is the latest addition to the vault. Its only half new. I bought the wood and put the lower together last year and have just been waiting for an 20" upper at a price I was willing to pay and that happened last week.
img_3501.jpg  

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 07-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Ok this is the latest addition to the vault. Its only half new. I bought the wood and put the lower together last year and have just been waiting for an 20" upper at a price I was willing to pay and that happened last week.
Very nice. I hope you put a waterproof varnish on there so it resists drool
string1946 Likes This 
Old 07-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I am seriously considering making some wood furniture for my MSR so it is compliant with the new run of CA laws. The only difficulty will be loading it since the proposed laws would prohibit a removable magazine. I guess one would have to tip the upper forward and load from the top.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I am seriously considering making some wood furniture for my MSR so it is compliant with the new run of CA laws. The only difficulty will be loading it since the proposed laws would prohibit a removable magazine. I guess one would have to tip the upper forward and load from the top.
Something about loading an AR like loading a single shot shotgun is just wrong. I mean really really wrong.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #37

Quote:

Something about loading an AR like loading a single shot shotgun is just wrong. I mean really really wrong.
Just like Komniefornistan

Old 07-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #38

Quote:
It is, but once the idiots in Sacramento see that we will go to ridiculous ends in order to circumvent their ridiculous laws perhaps the will understand how ridiculously passionate we are an how ridiculously absurd their efforts are. Improvise, adapt and overcome. That is what brought us the bullet button, which they are now wanting to outlaw.

Remember the Monster Grip? I am picturing something that similarly circumvents the law, but with a free floating buffer tube with a cheek weld attached and a separate buttstock that extends from the bottom of the pistol grip and comes back up to form the shoulder weld. It would look like some sort of Picasso-esque freakezoid rifle stock, but as long as there was no "hole" for the thumb to fit through (thanks to the free-float buffer) it wouldn't technically be illegal. Something vaguely like this thing:
img2114vf.jpg  

Old 07-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

How about I just sell you an acre of land on the backside of my place and you can even use my range.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #40

Quote:
How about I just sell you an acre of land on the backside of my place and you can even use my range.
How much for an acre?