Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Gun Safes > New SentrySafe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default New SentrySafe

Partly due to the rather large pre-election shopping spree I did, I decided it was time to get a safe.

I found this fire-rated (30 minutes) spinner model at a nearby Home Depot. It was $699 (about $745 with tax) and it cost me about $150 to get it delivered. The quality of the shelving leaves something to be desired, but other than that, I really like it. Well, it wasn't really the shelving that was the problem, it was the gray felt covering. I went through a tube of SuperGlue regluing it to the shelves before I installed them.

It weighs just over 400 pounds. Brand is SentrySafe, model is GS2459C. It is supposed to hold 24 guns; it might, but some of them would have to be pistols. Height - 59.1", Depth - 24.2", Width 28.3", no by-pass key.

It has pre-drilled holes and hardware for securing it to the floor, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

003-493x800-.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1372 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 471

I would secure it to the floor ASAP. Once you put your stuff in the safe you might never do it.

You can use common rivets or panhead screws to secure the shelving. The shelving system sucks in all Sentry products. Tractor supply sells sentry products. They are popular in this area. The manager at the local tractor supply calls me to secure the shelving at the customers request. Lots of people just don't know the tricks of making sheet metal work. The big trick is using a pair of C-clamps to hold the shelves while you drill or screw them.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #3

Liked 155 Times on 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmakerat92
It has pre-drilled holes and hardware for securing it to the floor, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Hope you got a hammer drill :-)

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved